SharpCap 3.2 Beta now available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

SharpCap 3.2 Beta now available

Post by admin »

A very quick announcement:

The first public beta is now available from this page : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... s/3.2+Beta

You can read a description of new features here : https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/news/whats-n ... arpcap-3-2

As always, remember that there may be new and exciting bugs in beta versions, so please try it out if possible before darkness falls! Also remember that installing this beta version will *not* uninstall SharpCap 3.0/3.1, so if you find a bug in the beta version you can quickly go back to an older version.

cheers,

Robin
oopfan

Re: SharpCap 3.2 Beta now available

Post by oopfan »

Robin,

In 3.1 the Hardware tab of File | Settings we can connect to a Focuser, Filter Wheel, and Mount. Is there support for two filter wheels in 3.2?

Thanks,
Brian
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

just the one filterwheel still. I presume you would want the different configs for use with 2 different cameras really (ie - when using camera A use filter wheel A, when using camera B use filter wheel B)?

cheers,

Robin
oopfan

Post by oopfan »

Hi Robin,

I need to stack two 8-filter wheels for a total of 14 filters for a single camera.

Brian
ippiu

Post by ippiu »

Last edited by ippiu on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IOptron Cem40 + Apo 115 f7 + Asi533 Pro + Asiair Pro + Optolong L-eNhance + L-Pro 2"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

the links didn't come out right for some reason - perhaps have another try?

cheers,

Robin
ippiu

Post by ippiu »

Sorry.

edit my previous post: links corrected....
IOptron Cem40 + Apo 115 f7 + Asi533 Pro + Asiair Pro + Optolong L-eNhance + L-Pro 2"
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

were you connected to the internet when you tried to install? The installer will download and install the Microsoft .Net framework 4.62 if it's not already present, but it can't do that if there is no internet connection. The log file you posted certainly looks like that part is failing.

If you can't be online when installing, you can install the .NET framework 462 manually by downloading the full installer from this page - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=53344 - and running it on your computer before installing SharpCap.

cheers,

Robin
ippiu

Post by ippiu »

admin wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:17 pm you can install the .NET framework 462 manually by downloading the full installer from this page - https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=53344 - and running it on your computer before installing SharpCap.

cheers,

Robin
Even if i was always online when installing (also yesterday i was online, when i tried for the first time), no success: always the same error.
I have to install separately net framework; reboot; and only after that sharpcap install correctly.

Thanks Robin
BlackWikkett

Post by BlackWikkett »

Reporting errors with 3.2 beta. Sorry don't have the error numbers at hand but the errors popped up internally to SharpCap. I added notes and and sent the error report from the app. Just a follow up to that report as I know some folks have not had any issues with crashing using Intel based systems. In my case my Scope PC is AMD based A10 cpu based system and this may be relevant to troubleshooting the problems.

First error was while using Bahtinov mask focus tool.

Second error while live stacking 178s subs on about the 5th exposure crash while trying new shapening tools

Would have continued testing but it's first clear night in weeks. I'll report back next time out with another attempt.

Thanks for what you do, awesome software!