Capture Settings Txt files are not being created for every Capture all of a sudden

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
philinbris

Capture Settings Txt files are not being created for every Capture all of a sudden

Post by philinbris »

Hi Robin.
First - not sure if issues like this should be posted here for V4 now its released. Sorry if I have it wrong.

This is in relation to SharpCap 4.0.7944 (64 Bit) - though I am not sure that this issue was introduced in this version.
The camera in use is the ASI533MCP cooled to -5 DegC.

I have been taking a bunch of Darks at different exposures and gains over the last couple of nights and have noticed an anomaly with the CameraSettings.txt file creation.

The CameraSettings.txt file normally created with each fame has started to be only created with the first frame as of tonight.
Last night one was created with each frame, tonight only one for each of the capture run of 20 frames was created (I did 4 or 5 runs).
I did upgrade SharpCap to the latest last night, but I am sure it was before I started working con capturing Darks.

Here is a sample from tonight:
sc2.jpg
sc2.jpg (22.43 KiB) Viewed 892 times
And a sample from last night:
sc3.jpg
sc3.jpg (24.98 KiB) Viewed 892 times
The way I have been taking the Darks is by using the "older" Start Capture method rather than using the new sequencer.

Have I accidentally changed a setting to cause this? The setting Save Capture Settings alongside every Capture is selected as per the following screen shot:
sc4.jpg
sc4.jpg (80.47 KiB) Viewed 892 times
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Re: Capture Settings Txt files are not being created for every Capture all of a sudden

Post by admin »

Hi,

have you switched live view on for your camera recently? The behaviour is different between Live Mode and Still Mode - in live mode only a single capture settings file is created, while in still mode one is made for every frame.

3.2 behaved in the same way as the current 'live mode' behaviour, so that has not changed.

I'm not sure that I specifically planned this difference in behaviour, but it doesn't seem unreasonable.

cheers,

Robin
philinbris

Re: Capture Settings Txt files are not being created for every Capture all of a sudden

Post by philinbris »

That might explain it Robin.
I was turning live mode on and off to try and cure the other issue I was having with captures failing as reported in my other post.
I will do some testing.
Cheers
philinbris

Post by philinbris »

The still mode did allow a settings text file for each frame.
I don't see why you need multiple texts for a single group capture with the cam in still mode (i.e. 20 captures following each other with no pause in between), but I do see its value if taking one capture at a time (i.e. where a significant time period exists between captures).
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, the benefit is pretty small (I suppose you can track the sensor temperature if it changes) - it's more a side effect of how the still mode captures run (each is an individual action) that causes the capture settings file to be created for each one. Still, it's only a 1k file per captured image, so not going to cause many problems.

cheers,

Robin