SharpCap 4.0.7906 - Not remembering Night Mode

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
philinbris

SharpCap 4.0.7906 - Not remembering Night Mode

Post by philinbris »

Hi Robin,
I have upgraded to the latest release 4.0.7906 and it seems that it is not remembering the Night Vision Mode.
On startup, SharpCap displays in the bright whiteish scheme and I have to press F12 to get the orange scheme for night time.
I go in to SharpCap settings and change it to "Display In Night Vision Colours" on the general tab and click Apply, but on startup - same issue, it seems to ignore this setting.
To be honest, I did not notice if this was an issue in the last release I used (4.0.7897) and I did toggle night vision to daytime a couple days ago. But up until now this has not been an issue.
Have I done something wrong?
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap 4.0.7906 - Not remembering Night Mode

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the report - I broke that all by myself :)

I had a bug where SharpCap could crash on exit in some circumstances and it all came down to the night mode code trying to do stuff long after the things it was trying to adjust had already been cleaned up. I thought to myself that I could fix that by rigging the night mode code to do nothing once the app has started closing down (which cured the crash) but a side effect was that the value for 'should we start in night mode next time' that got saved on closedown was always 'No'. :(

Will be fixed in the next update.

cheers,

Robin
philinbris

Post by philinbris »

Ok understood. I often break stuff I touch, that's why I avoid the kitchen ;)
Interesting, I have never experienced a crash on shutdown. Has this been around a while?
Cheers
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Phil,

yes, it's been around a while, but only in very odd circumstances (basically the program had already had a bug report to send and some other conditions we met too), so you would have been unlikely to see it.

Robin