Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
philinbris

Sequence Saving and Loading

Post by philinbris »

Hi Robin.
I notice there are two file formats when saving Sequences:
.SSP for the Planner
.SCS for the Advanced Editor

I quite like using and running sequences from the Planner, but the only way to add a lot of steps like prompts is with the Advanced Editor.
If I add other steps they are not available in the Planner because when I load the saved setup from the Planner the additional steps added are in the .SCS file not the .SSP file. And whilst you can go from the Planner to the Advanced Editor, you can not go back the other way (as far as I can see).
I know this must be as designed but would it be possible to toggle back from Advanced Edit to the Planner? This would allow the additional steps added in Advanced Editor to at least be available when running from the Planner and then be saved in the Planner .SSP format.

Cheers
Phil
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequence Saving and Loading

Post by admin »

Hi Phil,

you are quite correct - moving from the planner to the advanced editor is a one way operation - once you have done it, you cannot go back. The planner only understands some of the things that the advanced editor can do, and only knows how to turn the planner information into an advanced editor sequence, not how to reverse that procedure.

Unfortunately this isn't something I'm planning to change in the future -it's just too complicated to try to work back in the other direction while also trying to remember (but not display) any advanced bits added that the planner does not show.

cheers,

Robin
philinbris

Re: Sequence Saving and Loading

Post by philinbris »

Thanks Robin.
Understand completely.
Phil