CPWI pass-through no longer works

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
drblevy13

CPWI pass-through no longer works

Post by drblevy13 »

I downloaded latest beta 4.0 version 64 bit and can no longer connect to CPWI for telescope control of Celestron CGX mount within SharpCap. This also obviously impacts plate solving: attempting to plate solve crashes SharpCap, and all mount movement arrows are greyed out.

The problem is fixed by reverting to the SharpCap 4.0.7824.
goldtr8

Re: CPWI pass-through no longer works

Post by goldtr8 »

I can confirm the same error on my setup with 4.0.7839.0-64bit . Reverted back to 4.0.7824 and controls are available.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think I already have a fix for this issue, which will be in tomorrows update - I'd be grateful if you could test that out to confirm whether it does solve the problem or not.

cheers,

Robin
DaveSD

Post by DaveSD »

The latest 64 bit version worked with my CGX and CPWI - plate solving/centering, focusing....
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

good to hear it is working now. 4.0.7859 fixed the most serious problem. 4.0.7870 fixes a follow on problem that can cause a crash if your ASCOM driver decides to show a 'status window' when you connect to it.

cheers,

Robin
allen456

Post by allen456 »

I had mount control of my Celestron CGX working but after the latest update the slew buttons no longer work. I load the Mount Control tab in SharpCap but pressing the buttons no longer does anything. I went on line this morning and found v4.0.8509 and installed that it didn't change anything. Have I possibly forgotten a step? I don't plate solve yet but I liked it when able to use it for alignment.

Al
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Al,

just a 'check the plug' suggestion... If the movement rate has reset back to '1x' in SharpCap, that would mean that the buttons move the mount at sidereal rate, which is hardly noticeable. Changing the rate up to one of the higher values might be all you need to do.

cheers,

Robin
allen456

Post by allen456 »

Good suggestion but I already checked that. I ran it up to 32x and still nothing.

thanks,
Al
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, worth a shot.

Can you remember what version you were using before the update that caused the trouble, also, if you can and you go back to that older version, do things start working again? If we can narrow down a range of versions where things went wrong then it is easier to see what might have caused it.

cheers,

Robin
allen456

Post by allen456 »

I used to have success with v3.2 (64 bit) but now it doesn't work with that one either. Mind you SC sees it and loads the appropriate tab in the Camera Control Panel for both versions. It just won't slew the mount when I click on the button (with the slew rate set at 32x). A new wrinkle is that last night there was no slew rate showing in the drop down list for it (I was using v4.0.8509). It was completely blank. Has anybody else reported this issue with the CGX?

Al