SharpCap 4.0 Documentation Now Available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

SharpCap 4.0 Documentation Now Available

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

SharpCap 4.0 is now getting closer to being ready to release - for the last few weeks I have been working almost entirely on bug fixing and documentation. The result of this is that there are a lot less bugs than there were a month ago and that the first draft of the SharpCap 4.0 User Manual is now ready.

You can read it online here https://docs.sharpcap.co.uk/4.0/.

The documentation is also included as the help file in the latest SharpCap 4.0 update (4.0.7839, see https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... s/4-0-beta)

Important things to note :

* This is a first draft of the documentation for the new version - I'm sure there are still mistakes in it and a few things that have been forgotten. However there is a lot of new content on the new 4.0 features including the Sequence Planner and Sequence Editor, so it is worth reading

* I have deliberately removed the PDF download for this version of the documentation because it is still draft - please read online or in the help files for now. The PDF version will be available later after any further updates/edits have been made.

* If you find errors in the documentation, please post details of them in this thread.

thanks,

Robin
bf fudge

Re: SharpCap 4.0 Documentation Now Available

Post by bf fudge »

Robin, thank you for the sequencer. Am working through it all. This correction in the SharpCap 4. documentation:
under

Plate Solve and Resync
This tool will perform a plate solve on the current image, re-synchronize the mount’s location to the plate solve result and will the GOTO the original target co-ordinates. This has the effect of putting the target into the centre of the field of view even if it is off-centre or out of view entirely. Note that the operations performed by this action can be configured in the plate solving tab of the SharpCap settings.

I think it may need to read: "and adjust the GOTO to the original target co-ordinates."

Bill
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Bill,

thanks, I will correct that. Glad you are liking the sequencer :)

cheers,

Robin
Milda

Post by Milda »

Error in SharpCap 4.0 documentation
Although the Documentation Home page states literally "This version describes SharPCap 4.0", lists the "SharPCAP configuration" by mistake the Settings dialog box for version 3.2 (version 4.0 contains saving table).

Otherwise thanks for this documentation.
Milda
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Milda,

glad you like the documentation :)

Actually the settings looked like that in the first versions of SharpCap 4.0 (released back in July). The 'Saving' page got added after that - there were some new options that made the 'General' page too busy, so a new Saving page was added.

You are quite right though that the documentation is now slightly out of date compared to the current version 4.0 - I intend to come back and update it before too much longer.

thanks,

Robin