Settings bug reappears in v.4.0.7806.0

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Hibou

Settings bug reappears in v.4.0.7806.0

Post by Hibou »

After successive v4 upgrades, my camera settings file is no longer saved to be used on re-launch. I uninstalled SharpCap, deleted all SharpCap files, and did a fressh install of the latest v.4.0.7806.0, but that didn't help. My settings file appears to be corrupted and I don't know how to delete it :-(
admin
Site Admin

Re: Settings bug reappears in v.4.0.7806.0

Post by admin »

Hi,

autosaved settings can be found in the folder

Code: Select all

C:\Users\<your windows user name>\AppData\Roaming\SharpCap\CaptureProfiles
The easiest way to get there is to enter

%APPDATA%\SharpCap\CaptureProfiles
into the location bar of a Windows explorer window.

Look for a file named

_autosave (camera name).ini
Now, you could just delete the file, but it would be helpful if you could also send me a copy - hopefully that will let me work out what is going on. It would also be good to know what version you were on before 7806 (so I can see what changes have been made) and to have a log that might show any abnormal stuff during the load of the bad settings.

thanks,

Robin
Hibou

Re: Settings bug reappears in v.4.0.7806.0

Post by Hibou »

Sorry for the late reply Robin. Lots of deadlines this week. I had no problem finding and deleting the folder of SmartCap settings, and all is now working perfectly. Sorry that I did not copy the problem setup file or log. It may have been because I was swapping between two identical FLIR cameras, pulling out cables etc., though they had different ID numbers. Now that I know what to look for I'll be more helpful with details if I see this problem again.
Thanks again. Alan.