Retaining the dithering sequencer selection

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
cwm2col

Retaining the dithering sequencer selection

Post by cwm2col »

Whenever I run a sequence, all setting from the previous shutdown are saved, which is useful. I don't need to save profiles for targets, but even then the problem persists there.

Might it be possible to update Sharpcap to ensure that the dithering setting on the tab in the sequence stays at the value selected, without defaulting back to unticked format?

e.g. if i choose to enable guiding, dithering and select the number of second when a dither is called, it would be nice to have that stay there is sequencer is closed and reopened. Sometime, its nice to be able to autobalance the histogram for the longer exposures after focusing or platesolving (so I can see the image more clearly), and each time this is done, the dithering tab defaults back to the greyed out values and unticked.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Retaining the dithering sequencer selection

Post by admin »

Hi,

oops, I think that's a bug - it's supposed to remember everything and re use it the next time (unless something it has remembered is inconsistent with the camera being used - for instance if you previously used a cooled camera and it remembered the target temperature, no good in restoring that if you now are using an uncooled camera).

I will dig into this.

Robin
cwm2col

Post by cwm2col »

Great, thanks Robin.

It is the only niggly that remains when I use the sequencer. All other info remains when the sequencer is stopped or closed and reopened, except the dithering tab.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yep, I found this fairly quickly - it was not properly saving or restoring the settings for subsidiary settings on each tab - the dithering was the most obvious example of this. Next week's update will contain a fix.

cheers,

Robin