Camera not responding and taking eternal exposure

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
JesusRL

Camera not responding and taking eternal exposure

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

As I mentioned (yesterday?) I have suffered several times a strange error while using my camera (QHY268) in still mode.

My perception was that the interface did not allow to take any exposure via any way: all exposing buttons disabled, all exposing menus dissabled.

You mentioned that the software could be exposing at that time and this could be the reason.

It happened today again and I can confirm you that this is the case ... the exposure information raises continously 100/100 >> 101/101 >> 102/102 ...
Meanwhile all menu and button options are dissabled (including STOP capture).

Today I have seen this after several attempts of solve and sync (the exposure to solve was eternal and ended about 120 & 200 secs latter ... it should have been 2 or 4 seconds long). The final image after all this time was never shown.

Today I have seen this (later) as part of a sequence where a 5 min exposure has taken 26 minutes until I have breaken the sequence and reconnected the camera.

In any moment I can switch to live mode and this works fine. Going back to still mode has sometimes solved the issue, sometimes not.

I think this is the log that shows it all (I had to restart the application a couple of times). The platesolve errors are just after starting (about 23:45) and the sequence error was about 00:07 (if I am not wrong)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PTueI ... afLAzVNllK

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Re: Camera not responding and taking eternal exposure

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the log - a 5 minute exposure is started at 00:07 and at about 00:12:20 SharpCap asks the QHY SDK for the image data - this call finally terminates at 00:33:45 - about 21 minutes later! There are also a couple of other places in the log where the request to read the image data is taking too long :(

It looks like cancellation requests are getting the image readout to eventually abandon waiting in each case - that's good in one sense that the cancellation is working, but maybe that cancellation is not putting the buttons back to enabled - I will have to check.

In theory, the image readout from the QHY sdk is supposed to timeout 30s after the exposure time has elapsed - apparently this is not working properly - I'm not sure if this is something I can fix from the SharpCap end - I will run a series of 300s exposures on my 294C to see if I can get that to break at all (If I can get it to break I might have a chance). It may be worth reporting this to QHY - the place it is getting stuck is inside GetQHYCCDSingleFrame. I think they have a way to turn on logging inside the SDK which might bring out some information that helps them understand the problem.

thanks,

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Not a single issue since update.

Thank you Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

that's good news - thanks for reporting the success!

Robin