Sequencer Modal Forms

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
JesusRL

Sequencer Modal Forms

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

Great Job :D :-)

When using the sequencer, and as long as it is tacking exposures, it acts in Modal mode, not allowing the user to interact with the main window.

I think this is a concious behavior from your side as long as when not exposing access to the main window is allowed.

The problem is that, being inside a long sequence, I would like to be able to open/close the histogram transform or to change the stretching of the image (maybe other things too, but those at least)

Could this be possible?

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencer Modal Forms

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, the decision to lock out the UI is deliberate to stop people inadvertantly breaking their sequence by changing settings or closing the camera etc.

There is currently one exception - if you set up the sequence to prompt the user (press OK to continue sort of prompt) then the controls (but not the menu) are unlocked during the prompt period. This is to allow (for instance) flat capture to be sequenced with a prompt to allow the flat illumination to be set up and the exposure to be adjusted correctly.

Even allowing access to the histogram has potential to break things - for instance the autofocus routine depends on the display of the focus graph in the lower area - if that is in progress and the histogram is selected, the sequence will fail.

Maybe this would be something for an 'advanced' option... 'Allow manual changes while a sequence is running'? I'll have to think

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Thank you Robin,

The prompt should be enough.

Could you please add a tiemeout to the prompt?
ie: + if 0 remain forever (as now)
+ if any number of seconds autopressOK after tiemout

This way we could setup let's say 5 seconds to be able to autostretch and continue normally in case of doing nothing as many times as we want inside the loop

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

there is currently a countdown step which is very close to what you want. Right now it does not release the controls, but it could be made to - have a look at that and see if it would work for you.

cheers,

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

It could work but not as efficiently >> The prompt clearly shows you the moment to do the stretch (or action you may want); in case of the actual delay you should be continuosly looking at the sequence window waiting for your action seconds.

T&R
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Sorry I didn't see this one:

COUNTDOWN FOR 10 SHOWING "Please Wait..."

It would be perfect if camera controls allowable

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

look out for tomorrow's update - I just made that change to the countdown step.

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Works perfectly :D

T&R