V. 4.0.7572 ROI and Image Processing switch bugs fixed

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Hibou

V. 4.0.7572 ROI and Image Processing switch bugs fixed

Post by Hibou »

Robin. Thanks for V. 4.0.7572 fixing the ROI and Image Processing switch bugs for FLIR BlackFly cmos cameras. I can't see any other bugs, but discovered that these cameras have an option in FlyCap2 to mirror flip the image (Advanced camera properties), which is quite useful, along with x2 and x4 binning, which is done on camera but not on-chip.

I suggest that for cmos such image operations be done directly in software. The only advantage of using the FLIR SDK to bin on camera is to eventually obtain faster frame rates, but the frame rates are so high anyway, and often limited by the cables, that post transmission image operations in software should be fine in practice, without the hassle of having to use various SDKs. (With CCD cameras, it is better to bin on-chip).

Thanks again. Alan.
admin
Site Admin

Re: V. 4.0.7572 ROI and Image Processing switch bugs fixed

Post by admin »

Hi Alan,

thanks for confirming that that works nicely for you. I completely agree with you that implementing flip functionality and software is the way to go – I've got that on my to-do list already and the nice thing is that I will only have to do it once to add flip support to all brands of camera.

Cheers, Robin