SharpCap Startup Error with EQAscom 2.00q

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
joachim

SharpCap Startup Error with EQAscom 2.00q

Post by joachim »

Hi everybody,
I've got a problem starting SharpcCap 4 with EQAscom 2.00q(EQMod) running in background "EQ Run". Sharpcap 3.2 works without any problems. The Errors are in the zip file.
Kind Regards
Joachim

P.S. Can't wait to use the Sequencer :D
Attachments
eqmod_problem.zip
(88.15 KiB) Downloaded 81 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap Startup Error with EQAscom 2.00q

Post by admin »

Hi,

can you check that your ASCOM platform is up to date (6.5)? There have been some problems recently with out-of-date ASCOM platform versions.

Robin
joachim

Post by joachim »

Ascom 6.5 SP1, fresh from ascom homepage.
If Shaprcap starts the Ascom and EQ Drive after loading the Camera (Touptek ATR3 with Ascom-Driver), no problem accurs. Only if I start EQAscom_Run.exe. I need this to connect different softwares to Ascom (Sharpcap, Stellarium, ..) at one time.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Ok, thanks for checking. I tested this today on my observatory PC using 2.00q and the same version of SharpCap and can't get it to break - even if I use EQASCOM_RUN.

I do understand the class of errors that cause the bug that you are seeing, but I can't quite work out why/how it could happen when it does - so early in the startup of the application. I have a new version which I will upload later today that has more checks to try to spot if something SharpCap is doing is causing the problem (if we work that out then a fix should be possible). I'm worried though that it is something that ASCOM is doing inside the SharpCap process - that would be more interesting.

Do you have SharpCap set to open a camera at startup?

cheers,

Robin
joachim

Post by joachim »

Hi Robin,
tested the new version, and I coudn't find any issue any more. Works perfectly!
Thank you so much!

cheers,
Joachim
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for reporting - great news. I hope it was the fix for ASCOM platform version compatibility that fixed it (software developers tend to worry about bugs that go away for no good reason - if it went away for no good reason, there's a risk it might come back for no good reason later...)

cheers,

Robin