Translating SharpCap

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: Translating SharpCap

Post by admin »

Hi Menno,

Focus Offset - this is a control for the testing camera - it applies a blur to the image to simulate being out of focus, so the meaning is (I suppose) the distance from best focus position. When this is set to zero the focus is normal, when set to + or - values, the image becomes blurrier

Row Noise Red(uction). Reduces the amount of horizontal banding noise in the image (this noise is probably caused by power supply voltage fluctuations within the camera).

Folder Monitor Camera - a virtual camera that can load images from a Windows folder or monitor that folder for new images arriving, loading each new image as it is saved into the folder.

Force Still Mode - a setting for QHY cameras that forces the camera to operate in still capture mode, even when SharpCap is in live view mode (basically a loop that captures a still image and then repeats). This is the alternative to allowing the camera to run in its own video mode, where it captures continually, sending the frames to SharpCap without them needing to be requested.

Hope this helps,

Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Helps al lot, Robin.
Thanks!

Menno
химик

Post by химик »

Good evening Robin!
Public discussions of the translation of the program in Russian on the main astronomical site of Russia can be considered complete. https://astronomy.ru/forum/index.php/to ... 6.200.html
https://astronomy.ru/forum/index.php/to ... 6.160.html
Based on the results of discussions and comments from Russian-speaking users, a number of changes have been made to the translation. Files with changes in the attachment. I ask you to make the attached changes in the next release of the program.
Attachments
Menu_ru.json
(9.43 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Controls_ru.json
(10.6 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
химик

Post by химик »

Robin, people are waiting for the full program translation !?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the updates to the controls/menu translation - I will include them in next week's update of SharpCap.

A full translation of the program is a long long way off - there is just so much text that gets displayed to the user and lots of it currently comes from parts of the code that would make it hard to handle the translations. That means that the first job is for me to get more of the program ready to accept translations. It would be interesting to hear what parts (beyond the existing controls and menus) people think are the most important.

thanks,

Robin
химик

Post by химик »

Good afternoon Robin!
Of course, we are interested in the complete translation of the program, but especially the entire "settings" tab, as well as the "sequencer"
химик

Post by химик »

Good afternoon, Robin!
I am sending you a file with corrected errors of the Controls panel in Russian.
Attachments
Controls_ru.json
(10.58 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
химик

Post by химик »

I am sending you the files of the Menu and Controls panels in Spanish.
Attachments
Menu_es.docx
(17.77 KiB) Downloaded 88 times
Controls_es.docx
(19.06 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks both for the update to the Russian files and also for sending the Spanish translation files - both will be in next week's SharpCap 4.0 update.

I agree that the settings would be a good thing to try to translate next, after that I would think that maybe Polar Alignment and Live Stacking would be things that are most used and would therefore be good features to translate early on.

thanks,

Robin
химик

Post by химик »

Yes, that's right, Robin. Thank you for your work!