Trying to cancel a sequence of lights

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Moorefam

Trying to cancel a sequence of lights

Post by Moorefam »

I set up a sequence of 30 lights last night and then had to cancel them to start again but Sharpcap 3.3 64 bit (the latest beta version which includes dithering) wouldn't let me do that and I had to start the program again. I also had some problems with the cross hairs but I can't remember what unfortunately. One thing I would really like is something to aid focusing. At present as far as I can see I need to keep on refreshing framing shot as I go about centering a particular star in the cross hairs. If this could be refreshed automatically it would be very useful and would save me having to hit refresh repeatedly. On my DSLR I used live view with enhanced gain and it was a lot easier as the star was always present and centring was much easier. I did manage to use plate solving though and that was great most of the time.
Thanks for sorting out dithering with MGEN 3 though it mystifies me what is happening. I get an offset in position between each light frame in Deep Sky Stacker and yet there is only about 2 secs between each frame in Sharpcap and the guiding graph in MGEN doesn't show positional errors when dithering occurs.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Trying to cancel a sequence of lights

Post by admin »

Hi,

can you find and share the SharpCap log file from the session where you had the problem please? It would hopefully contain enough info to let me work out what went wrong.

You can find the log file following the instructions here : viewtopic.php?t=1307

Once you are in the right folder, look at the modified date/time for the files to work out the right one (look for the one whose time matches the time at which you had to close SharpCap after having the problem).

Robin