Sequencer "Delay" steps - minimum duration

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
holidayboy

Sequencer "Delay" steps - minimum duration

Post by holidayboy »

Hi.

Is there a method to insert a "Wait for <Delay> secs" step into a sequence with a value of less than 1 second?

I'm using a PTGrey camera and it takes a little while for it to change exposure settings and fully settle down ready for a frame to be captured reliably.

I've been using a python script up until now to handle the exposure changes and capturing multiple frames for a DIY cine film capture machine but thought I'd try the new sequencer out.

Failing that then I could probably use a separate python script for the delay and insert that as a step into the sequence?

Thanks for the continued development of SharpCap!

Rob.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sequencer "Delay" steps - minimum duration

Post by admin »

Hi Rob,

currently there is underway to put together a delay that is less than one second – I would suspect that tricks like running a Python script may have enough overhead in them that you may end up getting a delay of nearly a second even if your script is empty!

I don't think there's any reason that there couldn't be a change to that step to allow for a fractional value, or a separate step that allows for a delay that is measured in milliseconds. The whole point of the sequencer (or at least one of the main ones from my point of view) is that individual steps are relatively easy for me to add.

Cheers, Robin
holidayboy

Re: Sequencer "Delay" steps - minimum duration

Post by holidayboy »

Thanks for the info Robin. It's probably not a major issue for the majority of users anyway!

I'll stick to using my existing script for the time being, it works great.

The shiny new sequencer was too tempting to ignore so I gave it a go - it's a great addition, I look forward to seeing it develop and evolve in the future.

Rob.