First session with 3.3 Beta. Minor glitches + question

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Menno555

First session with 3.3 Beta. Minor glitches + question

Post by Menno555 »

Hi Robin

I had a first session with 3.3 Beta and so far so good. No issues with my Zwo 294MC Pro. Also played a bit with the Sequencer and even for a programming noob like myself, it rather logical in use, it's very intuitive :)
Next time I'll also test with the mount control.

Things I did notice, mostly cosmetic:
  • The "time bar" in the lower right corner is still there but there is no time counter anymore beside it when the capture is set to Unlimited.
  • In Dark Mode it almost not visible when a capture is paused or when Live View is en- or disabled. The line around the Pause-button for example is there but almost not visible. This for all those buttons in Dark mode.
  • In Dark Mode the cursor is not visible. Clicking in a text field and typing works, but no cursor visible.
  • In Dark Mode: the button for the Quick Capture drop-down menu is not visible
  • In Dark Mode the mouse hover over menu items works, they get lighter. The mouse hover on the button below that (Live View, Capture, and so on) does not work.
Question: there is now a drop down menu to specify the type of frame captured. I did use that for light. darks and so on but did not notice anything different. What is the purpose of that drop down menu?

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Re: First session with 3.3 Beta. Minor glitches + question

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think that the first point is actually the same as it was in 3.2 and is correct behaviour – there isn't a progress bar when the capture is unlimited because the software has no idea of when it will finish.

I'll have a look into the dark mode issues. I'm hoping to completely replace the menu and toolbar UI in the not too distant future which will allow me to use a different approach for the dark mode that should give me more consistent results throughout the application. Unfortunately a lot of work needs to be done in preparation for that so it's happening in stages and the benefits won't be there until right at the end :(

The frame type drop-down menu gets a value into the FRAMETYP header if you are writing to fits files and can also be used in the manual file naming templates. In the previous versions of SharpCap this would only appear you had turned on manual filename templates, but now that it also populates the fits header I have made it available all of the time

Thanks, Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Maybe I wasn't clear on the first point ... why doesn't everybody speak Dutch, that would be SO much easier :P

I did mean the Frame progression bar with the timer on the right side of that, see screenshot from 3.2. In 3.3 that Frame progression bar still is there but the timer on the right is gone. For me that timer is way more clear then the bar, which is subjective to me.
counter.jpg
counter.jpg (3.96 KiB) Viewed 956 times
And clear and thanks on the other points :)

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the clarification – that makes perfect sense now and you are perfectly correct – the timer has disappeared!

I will go looking for it now :-)

Cheers, Robin