SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Post by admin »

Hi Fabio,

thanks for the report, I think I can see what is wrong and will put a fix into the next update.

Robin
mikenoname

Post by mikenoname »

Robin,

I continue to get this error message even with the latest version of the beta (7596). I have attached a screenshot of the error and the exact spot in the log file where it occurs.

This seems to only occur when I use the mount movement hotkeys. The mount still moves but I have to hit OK to get the error message to go away.
SharpCapErrMsg.jpg
SharpCapErrMsg.jpg (69.87 KiB) Viewed 4193 times
SharpCapErrMsg.txt
(2.97 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

it looks like SharpCap is trying to re-enable tracking after you release the key and the mount is not accepting the command.

Could you try to recreate the bug with additional 'Mount Hardware Communications' logging turned on (logging tab of the settings - change it before opening the camera). That will create a longer log that might give me some more info.

cheers,

Robin
mikenoname

Post by mikenoname »

Robin,

Here is what I hope is the relevant portion of the now MASSIVE log file that SC created with the mount logging enabled. I can send the whole thing if needed but it's 35M in size. :)

Mike
SharpCap Mount Logging.txt
(133.39 KiB) Downloaded 108 times
procyon12

Post by procyon12 »

Only for information and without knowing the history:
With the latest beta 7644, 32bit pro, W10-64 20H2, ascom 6.4.1.2695, az-gti mount with synscan app pro 1.19.12:
I do not observe the issue "Cannot move mount ..." reported, both CTRL + I/J/K/L or CTRL + Numpad 2/4/6/8 are working.

Christian
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Since the moment we first had the still frame option I use it 99% (if not all) of the time.

Just before plate solving or focusing I take a Framing shot and go aherad with the process.

In the last 2 beta versions (I don't remember if also before them) sometimes, randomly, all the functions of the still camera are disabled (all buttons and menus that would take an exposure). Only the Live view is enabled, and it actually works and is able to expose succesfully, but the application does not let me take any exposure of any other kind.

For example if I use live view to focus in single FWHM mode it works, but if I try to do it with still images it simply does nothing. Yesterday it happened to me twice, but I was more concerned about testing the new focusing routine.

My camera is a QHY268M (just in case the problem is specific to it)

I will try to log it with all the options that may involve camera communications.

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi folks,

@Mike, I can see a lot more of what is going on from the log - hopefully can put together an effective work around which I will get into the next update.

@JesusRL, a log would definitely help (alongside the log, a note of what time the problem happened so I can trace it back against the log). I think the most likely cause is that the code thinks it has not finished capturing a previous single frame, but the cause of *that* is harder to work out without a log.

thanks,

Robin
mikenoname

Post by mikenoname »

Robin,

Couple of things.

First, the mount movement errors have disappeared with the last few releases, so whatever you did, it worked!

In this last release, however, there seems to be a new issue. When first starting SC or reloading an imaging profile within SC, the Scope Controls direction arrows are greyed out, even though SC is connected to CPWI, as specified in the hardware settings. Use of the direction hotkeys to move the mount (Ctrl J,K,L,I) crashes SC. If I uncheck and recheck the 'Connected' checkbox it all comes back and works fine, including the hotkeys.

I will continue to see if I can find any other patterns in the issue.

Thanks for all your great work!

Mike
mikenoname

Post by mikenoname »

Here is the error report from the above error happening again tonight.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

thanks for the bug reports - I saw that error in the uploaded reports this afternoon and I think I have a fix already for the next update.

cheers,

Robin