SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Toshihito Watanabe

Re: SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Post by Toshihito Watanabe »

Hello Robin,

The new 4.0 beta feature "Sequencer Tool" will be confusing for users to test with the tool for the first time in its current state.
If you have at least a manual, you can understand this tool even a little.

By the way, LanguageFiles /Menu_en.json and /Controls_en.json is missing Would you like to offer it to English users?

Best regards,
Toshihito Watanabe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, the manual will have to be updated to cover those new features at some point, and it will be quite a lot of work. So far, the best learning resource i s the quick introduction (which you have probably already seen) here : viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3109

The English versions of the language files are unnecessary – SharpCap is basically created with the English version built into the code and then the language files provide a way to change that text from English to other languages.

Cheers, Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi Robin,

> The English versions of the language files are unnecessary – SharpCap is basically created with the English version built into the code and then the
language files provide a way to change that text from English to other languages.

I don't understand, Isn't the question content appropriate?
The above explanation means that the English version of the language file is a basic file for changing to another language, right?

I asked, isn't it necessary to include an English language file for native English users in the program?
Or do native English users translate and use the text of other language files themselves?

Also, the new function "Sequencer Tool":( viewtopic.php? F = 38 & t = 3109) is not very specific, so please prepare a user manual.

Best regards,
Watanabe
chromus

Post by chromus »

Toshihito -> You to misunderstand this Beta process.

The help files will be completed AFTER the beta is almost complete. To create and constantly have to update them is a massive overhead that we don't want or need as Beta testers. Some kind Beta Testers have already begun basic translation but this is not intended to be a final version.

I would rather Robin devotes his time to efficiently getting the application ready for launch rather than revision after revision of a user manual that is of little use to most of us.

If figuring things out and the occasional query here for the more nuanced issues is too much then Beta might be not for you.

If you want to offer to create a non-English translation of the manual when it is ready, maybe a polite offer would be a better approach stating the destination language you can help with.
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi chromus,

No, it's not a user manual-centric question, it's secondary.

I wanted to ask Robin if the program wouldn't include the English language for English users.

Toshihito Watanabe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

so just to try to answer what I think Toshihito's question is...

The english text versions of the UI is built into the SharpCap application (.exe, .dll) files. When something is about to be displayed on the screen, SharpCap will look in the translation files (if you are using a translated language) and convert the english text into translated text.

You could (if you really wanted) create a Menu_en.json. Take one for another language and remove all the translated text to make a blank file. Then put into that file whatever you like as 'english' translations of the original english text. SharpCap should use those translations. I'm not sure how this could be useful though.

The blank translation files are created by running SharpCap with the /translate command line option - that puts all the english text that needs to be translated into json files - see viewtopic.php?t=3714

cheers,

Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi Robin,

In other words, for users who normally use English, it is included in the (.exe, .dll) file, so it is displayed in English, right?

Certainly, when I deleted the LanguageFiles folder and started the program file (SharpCap.exe) in the same directory, it became English language.

thanks,
Watanabe
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, that's correct.

cheers,

Robin
Toshihito Watanabe

Hi

Convinced by this! thanks you.

Watanabe
Fabioibirru

Post by Fabioibirru »

Hi Robin,

I found a repeatable crash when I try to use Brain Smart Histogram window to estimate the optimal exposure parameters using a EOS700D under Ascom DSLR driver.

You find attached the bug report

Cheers

Fabio
Attachments
InvalidCastException at SharpCap.Models.GainControl.TryConvert(object value)_line 48#42401.error.zip
(16.02 KiB) Downloaded 89 times