SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Ddaniel84

Re: SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Post by Ddaniel84 »

Hello Robin. I used SC 4 for the first time last night. Beautiful and brilliant! I particularly liked the smart histogram, the new viewing modes and the astrometric correction of the mount. Does polar alignment now work the same? That would be great. I use SC in French. It's great, but the menu and options should not be translated. It's quite surprising and above all we do not easily make the link with the documentation, which is still in English. Congratulations for this new version. I forgot the sequencer ... even more awesome. It was missing. I haven't seen the option of setting a start time. Does it exist? Dominique
From France (84)
Skyvision T250 Newton on CGX with PrimaLuce Sesto Senso motor focus - ZWO motor filter wheel
C8 XLT Evolution with Celestron Motor Focus
ZWO ASI 2600 MC pro - ZWO ASI 224 MCS
CPWI -PHD2 - Sharpcap - Siril - Stellarium - NINA
miyakawa

Post by miyakawa »

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your reply. This time I have read another thread "Translating SharpCap" which says "A: The translated text is being generated automatically by Google translate." I am very sorry that I have not read it when I posted last time.

Translation to Japanese and test with beta4.0 were already done in my PC, and the next question is how I can send the modified Menu_ja.json to you. For rapid response, I uploaded here anyway;

http://hoshizolove.blog.jp/Software/Menu_ja.json

but, if there is a better way to merge to your file, I will follow the way.

I will ask my astronomy friends to find better expression if they have.
Please use the current file at the time when you need, and I keep updating the file until I find a better way to send it to you.

Best regards,
Sam
admin wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:40 pm Hi Sam,

You are quite right - I used machine translation from Google and I wasn't really expecting perfect results. In fact I was expecting some of the results to be horrible or even just funny as machine translation works better with longer pieces of text. On the other hand, for those who have no English, they may be better than not understanding the UI at all.

I would of course be very grateful for any corrections that you can make to the translated text - I don't have the resources or language skills to check the machine translations, so I am very pleased that some of the wonderful SharpCap user community are able to.

thanks again,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Sam,

thanks so much for contributing your corrections to the Japanese translation - it's amazing that within 48 hours of making the first translated version available I have now had corrections submitted for all 3 translation languages!

The corrections will be in next week's update. Any further suggestions welcome!

thanks,

Robin
lukenash707

Post by lukenash707 »

Hi there. I’ve been using Sharpcap for a few months now and have enjoyed the new sequencer. However, with the most recent upgrade of 3.3 and also 4.0, when I hit run I get an error saying that it can’t put the camera in still mode then shuts down sharpcap. I have a qhy163m that’s running in native mode in sharpcap. If I change to the Advil camera, the sequencer works fine, however, I believe the frame rate and some functionality is reduced in the ascom mode. Any suggestions? It worked fine before the recent upgrades
Ddaniel84

Post by Ddaniel84 »

Hi Robin
Are you interested by translation in french of menus?
Dominique
From France (84)
Skyvision T250 Newton on CGX with PrimaLuce Sesto Senso motor focus - ZWO motor filter wheel
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Dominique,

I have already had a contribution of some corrections to the French translation which will be in next Monday's update. If you still feel that any of the text can be improved after that update then I would be very grateful to receive your suggestions.

Cheers, Robin
Ddaniel84

Post by Ddaniel84 »

OK i'll do that.
Dominique
From France (84)
Ddaniel84

Post by Ddaniel84 »

Hi Robin
It's not always easy to know if "still mode" is active or not. Can you do something for that?
Dominique
From France (84)
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Dominique

When SharpCap is in still mode the red highlighted will be visible.

still-mode.JPG
still-mode.JPG (60.52 KiB) Viewed 1527 times

Dave
Ddaniel84

Post by Ddaniel84 »

OK thanks David..
Something more évident should be more confortable.
Now I know..but many other users will have the same issue..
Dominique
From France (84)