SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
Desbarry

Re: SharpCap 3.3 Beta Now Available

Post by Desbarry »

Hi Robin, I have the latest Sharpcap Pro official version. How far off are we with the full update 3.3? I'm looking to dither via PHD2 NOT Live Stacking. Is this beta version "almost there"? Additionally Ive had issues with my Pole master freezing, as yet unresolved so I would want to be able to Polar Align via Sharpcap if I cant get the Pole master to function correctly with my new laptop.

I dont really have the number of clear nights to be able to bug test for you and I dont have a permanent set up so Im really asking is it worth downloading this beta version which may or may not be stable if it is then I could start using it. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again Derek
chongo228

Post by chongo228 »

Desbarry wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm Hi Robin, I have the latest Sharpcap Pro official version. How far off are we with the full update 3.3? I'm looking to dither via PHD2 NOT Live Stacking. Is this beta version "almost there"? Additionally Ive had issues with my Pole master freezing, as yet unresolved so I would want to be able to Polar Align via Sharpcap if I cant get the Pole master to function correctly with my new laptop.

I dont really have the number of clear nights to be able to bug test for you and I dont have a permanent set up so Im really asking is it worth downloading this beta version which may or may not be stable if it is then I could start using it. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks again Derek
IMO the beta version is usable for what you want. I've captured, dithered, autofocused, and repeated for many sessions without a problem. If you stick to the most basic sequencer task you will be fine. The sequence below is my templet for image capture and is simple by design to avoid problems. I've been playing with a more complex one to automate start up and shut down but have not really used it much yet.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3607
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I would say still 2 months or so off full release - the more people who test it the faster we will iron out the bugs :)

Right now it's fairly stable, but I would suggest building the sequence first and doing a test run in daylight (maybe except for focus etc). Then you have some confidence that all will work. Of course keep SharpCap 3.2 installed alongside and you can then switch back at a moments notice if necessary.

cheers,

Robin
Desbarry

Post by Desbarry »

chongo228 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:53 am
Desbarry wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:45 pm Hi Robin, I have the latest Sharpcap Pro official version. How far off are we with the full update 3.3? I'm looking to dither via PHD2 NOT Live Stacking. Is this beta version "almost there"? Additionally Ive had issues with my Pole master freezing, as yet unresolved so I would want to be able to Polar Align via Sharpcap if I cant get the Pole master to function correctly with my new laptop.

Thanks again Derek
IMO the beta version is usable for what you want. I've captured, dithered, autofocused, and repeated for many sessions without a problem. If you stick to the most basic sequencer task you will be fine. The sequence below is my templet for image capture and is simple by design to avoid problems. I've been playing with a more complex one to automate start up and shut down but have not really used it much yet.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3607
Thanks Chongo, really I just do a smart histogramme measure sky transfer setings to camera, set a dither interval and go. I would normally plate solve first get my target focused then hit START but its the dither functionallity that I really crave, cheers Derek PS I dont have autofocuser just osc camera.
Desbarry

Post by Desbarry »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:48 pm Hi,

I would say still 2 months or so off full release - the more people who test it the faster we will iron out the bugs :)

Right now it's fairly stable, but I would suggest building the sequence first and doing a test run in daylight (maybe except for focus etc). Then you have some confidence that all will work. Of course keep SharpCap 3.2 installed alongside and you can then switch back at a moments notice if necessary.

cheers,

Robin
Thanks Robin, its really just the dither functionality that I need I use the brain and platesolve already in SC but I want to be able to dither my captures.
Derek
Desbarry

Post by Desbarry »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:48 pm Hi,

cheers,

Robin
Thanks Robin, its really just the dither functionality that I need I use the brain and platesolve already in SC but I want to be able to dither my captures.
Derek
miyakawa

Re: SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Post by miyakawa »

Hi all,

This is my first post to this forum. I am a heavy user of SharpCap since I started my star as hobby in 2016 specially for EAA.
I am very glad to hear the new beta 4.0, and I noticed that one of the remark is translation into Japanese.

However this translated Japanese is not acceptable for ordinary Japanese. Honestly I say, this translation is terrible. I guess you used machine translator like goole, but it should be checked by a native Japanese speaker at least.

Now I found a Menu_ja.json in the LanguateFiles folder. If you do not mind, I can help to translate to proper Japanese.

Best,
Sam
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Sam,

You are quite right - I used machine translation from Google and I wasn't really expecting perfect results. In fact I was expecting some of the results to be horrible or even just funny as machine translation works better with longer pieces of text. On the other hand, for those who have no English, they may be better than not understanding the UI at all.

I would of course be very grateful for any corrections that you can make to the translated text - I don't have the resources or language skills to check the machine translations, so I am very pleased that some of the wonderful SharpCap user community are able to.

thanks again,

Robin
glenwurden

Post by glenwurden »

Tried the new 4.0 Beta last night with my QHY410C camera. It fails upon connecting, every time, reporting an error associated with a Camera.Set.Control on a set Temperature call. It worked fine in 3.3 Beta.

Error 14:32:17.530830 #1 Inner Exception : SharpCap.Base.CameraException: Error 'QHYCCD_ERROR' from call to
Camera.SetControl(control=CONTROL_CURTEMP, value=-13)
at void SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.QHYSDK.CheckResult(ErrorCodes errorcode, MethodBase callingMethod, params object[] parameters) in C:/Documents/Source Code/SharpCap/src/SharpCap.Cameras.QHY/QHYSDK.cs:line 1322
at void SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.QHYSDK+Camera.SetControl(CONTROL_ID control, double value) in C:/Documents/Source Code/SharpCap/src/SharpCap.Cameras.QHY/QHYSDK.cs:line 1403
at void SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.QHYSDK+Camera.ChangeStreamMode(bool stream) in C:/Documents/Source Code/SharpCap/src/SharpCap.Cameras.QHY/QHYSDK.cs:line 1499
at void SharpCap.Cameras.QHY.QHYCameraProxy.SetupGrabThread() in C:/Documents/Source Code/SharpCap/src/SharpCap.Cameras.QHY/QHYCameraProxy.cs:line 1122
at void SharpCap.Base.CameraProxyBase.GrabThreadProc() in C:/Documents/Source Code/SharpCap/src/SharpCap.Base/CameraProxyBase.cs:line 445 in void SharpCap.BugReporting.SettingsOnProcessingException(Exception arg1, Report report)
Warning 14:32:17.566831 #1 Assembly Microsoft.GeneratedCode, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null loaded more than once in void SharpCap.Program.CurrentDomainOnAssemblyLoad(object sender, AssemblyLoadEventArgs assemblyLoadEventArgs)+(string s, Assembly a) => { } [1]
Warning 14:32:19.273189 #1 Assembly Microsoft.GeneratedCode, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null loaded more than once in void SharpCap.Program.CurrentDomainOnAssemblyLoad(object sender, AssemblyLoadEventArgs assemblyLoadEventArgs)+(string s, Assembly a) => { } [1]
Warning 14:32:19.304905 #1 Assembly Microsoft.GeneratedCode, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null loaded more than once in void SharpCap.Program.CurrentDomainOnAssemblyLoad(object sender, AssemblyLoadEventArgs assemblyLoadEventArgs)+(string s, Assembly a) => { } [1]
Info 15:00:01.026231 #1 Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.OpenCameraAction complete in async Task SharpCap.ViewModels.UIAction.Execute()
Info 15:00:48.176631 #1 Updating devices menu in void SharpCap.ViewModels.CamerasMenuViewModel.UpdateDevicesMenu()
Info 15:01:02.818543 #1 Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.ShowLogAction executing in async Task SharpCap.ViewModels.UIAction.Execute()
Info 15:01:02.880479 #1 Toolbar/Menu input : SharpCap.ViewModels.Actions.ShowLogAction complete
Rocket_Guy

Post by Rocket_Guy »

Hi Robin,

I just installed SC 4.0 but errors off a few seconds after I start it up. I tried uninstalling it and reloading it to the same effect. I have attached the error message which coes up when the program terminates. Any idea what is going on? Thank you

Bill
Attachments
SC Error.jpg
SC Error.jpg (179.51 KiB) Viewed 1489 times