SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
mikenoname

Re: SharpCap 4.0 Beta Now Available

Post by mikenoname »

Well, that's not working either.

When I try and add a 'Set <Control Name> to <Property Value>' item the Control Name dropdown is empty. Shouldn't it be populated with the various options?

I then manually enter 'Black Point' but still cannot access the Property Value box underneath it to enter a value.
mikenoname

Post by mikenoname »

I think I have it mostly figured out.

Tonight when setting up for my livestream I started getting an additional 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' error whenever using the hotkeys to move the mount.

So I tried to do a repair of SC. Repair failed due to some cryptic error message.

Next I uninstalled and reinstalled SC.

The good news is that the reinstall fixed the sequencer error I was having such that now when I add a 'Set <Control Name> to <Property Value>' item the Control Name dropdown is now populated and I can enter values into the Property Value field. Yay.

The bad news, however is the mount error message remains. You can see it occur for yourself at 24:34 and 24:58 of my livestream:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIPMuw3DCNU

The mount still moves with the hotkeys, but the error message is still spawned.

Any clues about that?

Mike
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

the list of controls should populate if you have a camera open at the time. If you don't then it doesn't populate (basically it can't know what to show in the list if no camera open).

I'd be interested to see the SharpCap log for the mount movement errors - it should log the full error into the log whenever you see that message, so hopefully with that info I can track down what is going wrong. It looked like it moved one way OK then failed in the other direction from the video which is doubly odd...

cheers,

Robin
mikenoname

Post by mikenoname »

Here is the log file from last night. I'm attaching the whole thing because I don't know what's important.

Presumably the error would have occurred approximately 30-40 minutes into the log?
Log_2021-03-02T18_49_00-11580.log
(556.37 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
miyakawa

Post by miyakawa »

Hi Robin,

Ino-san, Tomo-san and I checked the translations in Controls_ja.json and modified with proper astronomical Japanese as much as possible. The modified file is uploaded;

http://hoshizolove.blog.jp/Software/Controls_ja.json

Several words which might be assigned for the future functions are still under discussion. We will keep updating if we notice more proper Japanese.

By the way, the latest Menu_ja.json which Ino-san contributed seems not to be applied at the latest beta. The file exist the same place;

http://hoshizolove.blog.jp/Software/Menu_ja.json

If you can use it, Ino-san will be glad, I think.

Thanks,
Sam
Ddaniel84

Post by Ddaniel84 »

I got these 2 error logs.
Here are they. I don't exactly remember how errors happened.
Dominique
Attachments
NullReferenceException at SharpCap.Models.Transforms.set_SelectedTransform(ITransform value)_line 107#84235.error.zip
(26.22 KiB) Downloaded 107 times
NullReferenceException at SharpCap.FrameTransforms.Focus.FocusScoreHunter+_RunStep_d__19.MoveNext()_line 163#03883.error.zip
(24.17 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
From France (84)
Skyvision T250 Newton on CGX with PrimaLuce Sesto Senso motor focus - ZWO motor filter wheel
C8 XLT Evolution with Celestron Motor Focus
ZWO ASI 2600 MC pro - ZWO ASI 224 MCS
CPWI -PHD2 - Sharpcap - Siril - Stellarium - NINA
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

miyakawa wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:37 am Hi Robin,

Ino-san, Tomo-san and I checked the translations in Controls_ja.json and modified with proper astronomical Japanese as much as possible. The modified file is uploaded;

http://hoshizolove.blog.jp/Software/Controls_ja.json

Several words which might be assigned for the future functions are still under discussion. We will keep updating if we notice more proper Japanese.

By the way, the latest Menu_ja.json which Ino-san contributed seems not to be applied at the latest beta. The file exist the same place;

http://hoshizolove.blog.jp/Software/Menu_ja.json

If you can use it, Ino-san will be glad, I think.

Thanks,
Sam
Hi Sam,

thanks for the update - I have included both the updated files, but I have a bit of a problem since I have also had another contribution for the menu file from a different user and I have no way to tell which translation is best when they are different.

I include the other version here and would be grateful for your input on whether any of the translations in this version should be used in the combined update.

Robin
Menu_ja.json
(7.1 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ddaniel84 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:27 pm I got these 2 error logs.
Here are they. I don't exactly remember how errors happened.
Dominique
Hi Dominique,

the first one I have a fix for already - will be in tomorrow's update. The second looks like you were doing autofocus type actions and closed the camera while it was still working - I will see what I can do to avoid the crash in that circumstance.

thanks as usual for the reports :)

cheers,

Robin
Ddaniel84

Post by Ddaniel84 »

That's an excellent news.. thanks-a lot for the fix!
I probably test it tomorrow night.
Dominique
From France (84)
Skyvision T250 Newton on CGX with PrimaLuce Sesto Senso motor focus - ZWO motor filter wheel
C8 XLT Evolution with Celestron Motor Focus
ZWO ASI 2600 MC pro - ZWO ASI 224 MCS
CPWI -PHD2 - Sharpcap - Siril - Stellarium - NINA
mikenoname

Post by mikenoname »

Robin,

Any clues as to my error message? I submitted the log files above and never heard back from you.

Mike