Ok, so here we are - finally... A version of SharpCap 3.3 for you to play around with.
Remember that this is still early testing, so the program (particularly new features) may be unstable, or even unfinished. I would certainly suggest trying things out with a camera in daylight before trying to image for real, and also having a backup plan (like SharpCap 3.2) in case the new version fails on you while imaging.
The two main changes are the sequencer tool and the addition of still camera mode. See separate posts viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3109 and viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2947. These are likely to be the areas where there is the most instability and the most likelihood of further changes/tweaks/improvements.
Before I get to the download links, please can I encourage everyone to post in this forum with any bugs/glitches/problems/suggestions or any other thoughts they have about the new version. If you have a problem that causes a crash, please submit the bug report and then post here too if possible. If you are reporting a problem that doesn't involve a crash then please try to include a screenshot of the problem and the SharpCap log - having those two things makes tracking down bugs much easier.
Right, the important bits... (download links update 13 Sept)
32 bit : https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 3.3.6882.0
64 bit : https://d.sharpcap.co.uk/download.html? ... 0&arch=x64
And finally, a quick summary of what's new ...
- The Sequencer - at long last - this is the big one and there's lots to see here!
- Still mode - Just deselect the live view button in the toolbar. Most cameras support this. Some tools will put the camera back into live mode.
- ADC alignment tool - the planets are back and this might come in handy.
- Pixel brightness readout - right now at the bottom of the reticules list - suggestions for a better location welcome
- Focuser backlash compensation option and Focus offset support when changing filters
- ADV output format support for occultation imagers
- Feature tracking improvements - track using camera ROI and track on object center-of-brightness
- Option to flip the directions of the mount movement buttons
- Mount movement hotkeys - CTRL + I/J/K/L or CTRL + Numpad 2/4/6/8
- More than doubled performance in seeing monitor frame analysis
- Dual views of the image in two monitor view
- Live stack settings saved in capture settings files
- Numerous other bug fixes and small improvements