A brief introduction to the SharpCap Sequencer

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: A brief introduction to the SharpCap Sequencer

Post by admin »

Hi,

the way that I'd imagine this happening is that you would set the camera into still mode, then use the block that enables dithering to occur periodically (perhaps every five minutes), then capture all of your frames in a single step (for the sake of example 120 x one minute exposures).

When the camera is in still mode, the periodic dithering will wait until the frame finishes, then run the dither step, then take the next frame. This should get you the results that you want without any extra directories and with the simplest possible sequence.

Once I get round to writing documentation for the sequencer, this will become a lot easier to discover.

Cheers, Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Hi Robin

Isn't the Dither part connected with guiding/PHD2? Because those 2 I don't have and use, so that's why I'm trying to device it this way :)

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, you're quite right – the dithering at a particular interval is connected to PHD :(

However, all is not lost (at least long-term). The periodic dithering is implemented in a way that makes it possible for me to add a sequencer block that will let any steps be run periodically (basically that means they will run every <N> seconds, but can only be run either between one step on the next or between frames when capturing still frames). I think there were a few complexities in making this available for general use, so I didn't enable it initially – it will definitely have to be in the advanced section :-)

Cheers, Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Understood, roger and out :)

Menno
calypsob

Post by calypsob »

I have looked forwards to a sequencer for a long time. Im eager to test this beta mode out.

One thing sharpcap could benefit from and separate itself form any other acquisition program is to refine
its ability to do lucky imaging in the sequencer.

For example, if you wanted to lucky image M51 with an ASI290 with a 12" F4 newtonian and decided to shoot 2,000 .250s subs 10 times in a row.
If sharpcap could allow these video intervals and dither between each set of 2,000 frames, that would be an enormous advantage.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think all of those things should possible the current state of sequencer tool.

For instance the following steps would largely carry out the captures that you want (you could probably refine this further).

Robin
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (52.17 KiB) Viewed 4037 times
PEJU

Post by PEJU »

I hope all is good with you.

Im heavily need to know how synchronize Lacerta Mgen2 Dithering function
in best way with Sharpcap Pro, in one way cable/usb connection or other way with
settings in sequences..

Do you have any suggestions ?
I tried with 2 min expo and 15 sec delay for both but it overlap to much with movement in the exposings.

Some user mention PHD thru Ascom but it slowing down all system in my laptop so its not useable.

with best regards,
Petrr Juhlin, Sweden
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I've got no experience with using the MGEN, but maybe some of the other SharpCap users have? How do you command it to start a dither operation?

Robin
PEJU

Post by PEJU »

tnx for quick reply,
Normally its simple 3 step with date/time, guiding live view and select star in frame and start guiding.

With Dithering its after above step (without start) also 1/Dithering model (square or snake) 2/ pixel variation
3/ exposing time, numbers and intervall between each expo
4/ start / pause or Stop.

(this could be synchronized with expos in ATP with usb-cable but Ascom slowing down all things so it is impossible to use in field.
PEJU

Post by PEJU »

by the way, Im using QHY183M camera for lights an small separate cmos and guidescope 180mm for guiding.