SharpCap Still Mode

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCap Still Mode

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion - I have this already in my todo list with a big question mark next to it... I thought it was probably a good idea but I wasn't 100% sure that it made sense. It's good to have an end user request which helps confirm that it probably is a good idea...

If anyone can think of a reason that it should *not* be saved in the profile then do shout out...

cheers,

Robin
Moorefam

Post by Moorefam »

Robin - I use still mode a lot with ZWO ASI 2600MC and 2600MM cameras. A problem I find happens a lot is that I try and take say 30 darks of say 30 secs each and after the first shot has finished nothing more happens and it doesn't continue through the other 29. This is annoying as with 300 secs darks I have to wait around for 5 mins to see if anything happens after the first shot or I may waste hours thinking all is well and nothing is happening. I have just taken a set of darks at 240 secs, 120 secs and 60 secs with 30 exposures for each set and everything went as planned. I then tried 30 * 30 sec darks and twice it only took the first exposure which I don't think it stored and on the 3rd attempt it went through the sequence of 30 no problem.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

are you right up to date (new version uploaded today)?

If you are and it still happens then please capture a log for me - just let the bug happen and then grab the log and share it afterwards.

cheers,

Robin
Ronin1956

Post by Ronin1956 »

I have an Atik Infinity with the latest drivers running the latest version of SharpCap. The camera was working fine and starting yesterday it's stuck in still mode. I only get a black screen for video output and It will not go into live mode. If I close the camera SharpCap often crashes. If it doesn't crash when I close the camera and either click on the camera or use reconnect I get a black screen from the camera display and frequent crashes. I have set SharpCap to live mode when I can disconnect from the camera without a crash, when I close the program and restart it stays in still mode. I have powered down the camera and rebooted my laptop and the Infinity remains in still mode. Help!
Paul
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Paul,

on the assumption that this might be a camera setting being remembered by SharpCap causing problems, try the following.

1) When starting SharpCap, hold down the <CTRL> key - this will stop SharpCap from opening a camera on startup.
2) Once SharpCap is open, make sure the live view button in the toolbar is highlighted. Click to highlight it if it is not
3) Now open the camera - again hold down <CTRL> while you are opening the camera - this stops SharpCap from loading any previously saved settings for the camera.

Hopefully that will get you going again, if not we will have to look at some log files to try to work out what is going on.

cheers,

Robin