Translating SharpCap

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
химик

Re: Translating SharpCap

Post by химик »

Good morning, colleagues!
The work on the translation of the program into Russian has been completed. I am glad to offer you the Russian version.
Attachments
Controls_ru.json
(10.55 KiB) Downloaded 85 times
Menu_ru.json
(9.03 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
SharpCap N-RU.jpg
SharpCap N-RU.jpg (254.74 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
SharpCap L-RU.jpg
SharpCap L-RU.jpg (209.97 KiB) Viewed 1659 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Wow, thank you very much, that looks great!.

If it's OK with you, I will include this in the next update of SharpCap 4.0

thanks,

Robin
химик

Post by химик »

Robin, thanks!
At this point in time, I posted my translation of the program for public comment on the Russian thematic site https://astronomy.ru/forum/
Based on the results of collective discussions, final edits will be made to my version of the Russian translation. The fact is that although Russian is not as difficult as, for example, Chinese, Japanese or Arabic, it is the most difficult of the languages ​​of the Romance group. On the one hand, you need to try to make this translation in the most literary way, on the other hand, you have to select synonyms in order to avoid terazus and hyphenation in words. There are some foreign words that in the professional environment of Astornomists have become so entrenched in slang that sometimes it is better to leave them without translation for general understanding. Of course, everyone understands that these are specific things and this is not at all the same as using Google translator. In any case, Robin, I would be very grateful if you would inform me a few days before the release of the new release of the program so that I would stop discussions and send you the final version of the Russian-language file.
P.S. Sorry for my clumsy english.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks, I did wonder why things like 'Live Stack' did not get translated, but I see that they may be commonly understood already.

I am currently releasing a new update to SharpCap weekly (on Monday usually). I will put your current translation in next Monday's update - if you have new translation files before then, I will include them, otherwise they can wait until the week after.

thanks,

Robin
химик

Post by химик »

Yes, Robin, absolutely right, such generally accepted things as "Live View", "Live Stack", "Gain", "Light", "Dark", "Offset" or "Bias" are pronounced in English among Russian-speaking astronomers , we are all used to it, for us it has already become common nouns. In the attachment there is a corrected translation of the menu file, please use this file.

Thank you for your work!

P.S. And yet it is very interesting, when will it be possible to fully translate the program into Russian?
Attachments
Menu_ru.json
(9.02 KiB) Downloaded 83 times
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Robin

I am busy with a Dutch translation, will also pass it among some members of https://www.astroforum.nl to check when I'm finished.
But question: the FX drop-down menu is already a bit narrow for English. But for the Dutch translation it really is too narrow.
Maybe an option to widen that drop-down menu a bit overall?

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

yes, I think I can widen the drop down part without widening the main control, which is good because I don't really want to give this more toolbar space as it isn't as important as some other features.

cheers,

Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

One other question Robin
"Amp Noise Reduction" ... Amp is in this case the abbreviation of Amplify? Or has it another meaning here?

Menno
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Menno,

'amplifier' in this case.

cheers,

Robin
Menno555

Post by Menno555 »

Robin

Here a smal list of things for which I need a short meaning? Some words simply don't exist in Dutch and I am trying to get a good description also for the astronomical challenged ;) Other things I simply don't understand :P
Also some of what I think it is but not sure.

Focus Offset:
Row Noise Red.:

Folder Monitor Camera: for me 3 different words with no connection to another? I know it's a directory with captures which can be used afterwards.
Force Still Mode: forcing the photo mode?