Filter wheel interface

Discussions, Bug Reports and Issues related to Beta versions of SharpCap
JesusRL

Filter wheel interface

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

I am currently using a QHY filterwheel with no issues at all; everything works fine and the button corresponding to the filter position is highlighted to note it.

But when I star a sequence this highlight dissapears, and all filter buttons are unhighlighted.

Every thing remains working fine, but having it still visible would be fine. I guess that the reason of this behaviour is the fact that buttons are disabled during sequence.

This could have a solution giving the interface a more informed look, but at the cost of some extra work (sorry ;) ): Could it be possible to asign colours to the different buttons of the filterwheel interface individually?

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Re: Filter wheel interface

Post by admin »

Hi,

thanks - I will see what I can do about making the buttons still distinguishable when disabled. Adding colour is awkward - it would either need a whole new window to configure the colours or would have to look at the names and recognize red/green/blue etc. But then what about Rouge/Rot/Rossa...

cheers,

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

A possible easy solution:
* active_filtter_button_>Background->Color->Black (or dark grey)
* active_filtter_button_>Font->Color->White

T&R
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

I have found a bug in this interface.

I experienced it twice yesterday:

I have a 7 position QHY filterwheel.

I run a sequence using filter in the 4th position (selected inside the sequence). It was correctly set but at the end of the sequence, when the buttons where reenabled, the focus was in the 1st button (instead of 4th). I pressed the highlited button (1st) and it raised an error (In the error popup I selected ignore and continue).

In a normal situation if I press the already selected button it does nothing; that is what I would expect.

I run a sequence using filter in the 6th position. It was correctly set but at the end of the sequence, when the buttons where reenabled, the focus was in the 1st button (instead of 6th). I pressed the highlited button (1st) and it raised an error (In the error popup I selected report the problemm, I guess somethed may have arrived to you about this). May you need my logs just tell me.

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think I spotted the same error when I was looking at the ways to highlight the filter wheel button even when disabled - basically the filter wheel buttons do not update when the wheel position is changed from the sequencer (or from Python Scripting). I've now fixed the problem with the buttons not updating. I saw your bug report, but I am not sure if my current updates will fix that problem or not - can you try again with the new version (I will update on Monday).

cheers,

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

The red surrounding line is a PERFECT way to note the current filter position.

And ...

The real position is now properly noted after sequence instruccions.

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

to be honest, I'd have liked to also have a highlight on the selected item while the UI was disabled, but I struggled to get that to work - the red line worked quite quickly and as you say does the job :)

cheers,

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Hi Robin,

The red line has stopped working when filter is changed from the sequencer. Works when manually clicked.

Sincerelly I don't know from which version.

T&R
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the report - I see the same, so will investigate and fix.

cheers,

Robin
JesusRL

Post by JesusRL »

Works fine ... Thank you :D