All Sky Cam feature

Features suggestions that are not currently planned for inclusion will be moved here. In general features moved here are very unlikely to be added to SharpCap, perhaps because other programs already have this functionality or that the functionality could be achieved using SharpCap scripting.
Nicodemus

All Sky Cam feature

Post by Nicodemus »

Hi

I use Sharpcap to capture All Sky pictures (every 5 min a pic) to have a view on the sky (weather, clouds, ...). Here are my suggested features for all sky imaging:

.) save image as jpg/png with free selectable name and in a free selectable folder
.) overwrite the last image made to have only 1 image to upload it to a weather control page
.) possibility to set time limits for imaging (f.e. start every day at 16.00 UT and end at 06.00 UT)
.) ftp upload possibility

Thanks for your attention

Patrick
Austria

(PS: sorry, if my english is not that good...)
Attachments
IMG_5134.PNG
IMG_5134.PNG (151.4 KiB) Viewed 8497 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: All Sky Cam feature

Post by admin »

Hi Patrick,

if you can program a little and don't mind using/learning Python, you can do all of this (and more) using SharpCap's built in scripting functionality. There is a brief introduction here http://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sharpcap-scripting and a separate scripting forum to ask questions in (and find some existing discussions giving useful samples).

cheers,

Robin
frankieusn

Re: All Sky Cam feature

Post by frankieusn »

Has anyone figured out how to do this via scripts? I know nothing about Python or coding.