Display Current RA & Dec

Feature suggestions that have already been implemented, or that have been added for the next version will be moved here.
dbunna2

Display Current RA & Dec

Post by dbunna2 »

I'll admit that I'm trying to use an Alt/Az mount on a wedge. I can walk over to the mount and have the hand controller move the RA +/- 6 hours for the second part of the polar alignment but it would be easier to do at the computer.

It would be helpful to me to have SharpCap to display the current RA & Dec somewhere when I'm doing the Polar Align so I actually know when I've rotated 90 degrees. Ideally it would be displayed via the ASCOM controller, but Celestron doesn't display it :cry:

Tks Robin
admin
Site Admin

Re: Display Current RA & Dec

Post by admin »

I've thought of doing this more from a diagnosing problems when things go wrong point of view than for the problem you have.

A couple of suggestions for your though

1) If you connect SharpCap to your ASCOM mount then SharpCap shows your RA/Dec from the mount in it's mount control on the right hand side
2) The 90 degrees is not at all critical - anywhere between about 45 and 135 will be fine. 90 is just a nice round number to suggest.

cheers,

Robin
dbunna2

Re: Display Current RA & Dec

Post by dbunna2 »

A big apology here. I always enlarge the viewing window to make it as big as possible. That means the controls are fairly small. I'd always noticed the "lines" to the left of the direction arrows, but they were sooooo small that I couldn't make anything out. Now, after a resize, I realize that that's the mount's position. :oops:

Also thanks for the note saying that the 90 degrees is not that critical. It will make things much easier!

Thanks Robin