hassle-free polar alignment

A place to post guides, instructions and HOWTO documents on the use of SharpCap and Astrophotography in general
Forum rules
One tutorial per topic please.
Please only post content that you have created in this form.
Tutorials should be either in PDF format as an attachment or written in the first post of the topic. Links to video tutorials you created are also acceptable.
astropana

Re: hassle-free polar alignment

Post by astropana »

turfpit wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 7:08 pm Steve

This is the website of the owner of the video https://www.astrodude.com/index.html. There is an email link on the left hand side.

Dave
I am the owner of that website and the video is not mine, I did a video on the Meade LX200GPS years ago. I do not have any video specifically on polar alignment, sorry.

Patrick
aka Astrodude
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The mystery deepens… :)

cheers, Robin
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Robin - there is no mystery now.

Patrick - thanks for letting me know. It appears that there are many Astrodudes out on the internet. Nice website BTW.

Steve - I have done some more digging and now have the answer to your question. The video was produced by Mitch Arsenault who appears on various forums, twitter and all the usual culprits as @astrodude or @rcfmitch. If you get on Youtube and search for 'rcfmitch', that will lead you to Mitch's videos including some Pixinsight Tutorials. Maybe the video you want is in there? Alternatively if you go to https://rcfmitch.wixsite.com/altair-support (his web site) and click on the Donate button, then his email address is revealed. So he gave it to you, not me.

Hope this clears up the mystery.

Dave