HOWTO Debayer Captured Images

A place to post guides, instructions and HOWTO documents on the use of SharpCap and Astrophotography in general
Forum rules
One tutorial per topic please.
Please only post content that you have created in this form.
Tutorials should be either in PDF format as an attachment or written in the first post of the topic. Links to video tutorials you created are also acceptable.
admin
Site Admin

Re: HOWTO Debayer Captured Images

Post by admin » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Hi Kirk,

a separate program to decompress TIFF files is just too much work all the way down the line (writing it, maintaining it, documenting it, etc). An option is nice and simple and 10 minutes effort and it even has a little warning explaining that compressed TIFF files may not open in some software. Job done and back to thinking about what SharpCap 3.3 will do :)

I expect that compressed TIFF files actually use more resources in SharpCap (you have to have an uncompressed image and the compressed data, you have to do the compression, etc). Overall, unless you are using one of those full frame 35Mp cameras in RGBx16 bit mode for about 200 megabytes per frame then I think all will be fine. If you *are* using one of those cameras then please send it to me for testing :)

cheers,

Robin

1CM69

Re: HOWTO Debayer Captured Images

Post by 1CM69 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:58 pm

admin wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:53 pm
If you *are* using one of those cameras then please send it to me for testing :)

cheers,

Robin
:lol: :lol: