HOWTO Debayer Captured Images

A place to post guides, instructions and HOWTO documents on the use of SharpCap and Astrophotography in general
Forum rules
One tutorial per topic please.
Please only post content that you have created in this form.
Tutorials should be either in PDF format as an attachment or written in the first post of the topic. Links to video tutorials you created are also acceptable.
turfpit

HOWTO Debayer Captured Images

Post by turfpit » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:16 am

The attached document is in response to post viewtopic.php?f=19&t=228. The document describes how to use the program PIPP to debayer RAW images so that they display their colour.

I hope people find this document useful - all comments welcome.

[Note: the attached PDF document has been compressed. If text in an image is unclear, then use the zoom or magnify facility in your PDF reader to see the text clearly.]

Dave
Attachments
HOWTO Debayer Captured Images.pdf
(251.66 KiB) Downloaded 46 times

turfpit

Re: HOWTO Debayer Captured Images

Post by turfpit » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:54 am

For convenience, this is the abstract for the document included in the above post.

Abstract:
When capturing data using a raw colour space, such as RAW8 or RAW16, SharpCap (and other image capture programs) will display colour on the screen but saved files will appear to be monochrome and may display a grid pattern. Additional software is required to generate the colours – a process known as debayering. This document describes how to use the program PIPP, https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp/ , to debayer single or multiple images.

Dave

Neaptide

Post by Neaptide » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:35 pm

Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. I have been pulling my hair out trying to get DSS to stack my raw8 files. At least now I know I wasn't doing it wrong.

turfpit

Post by turfpit » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks for the kind words. There will be more of these type of documents coming along as my knowledge advances.

Dave