Canon

gilbertonp

Re: Canon

Post by gilbertonp »

Hi Robin, if you have a specific sharcap version I can test it at least to see if it works better or not. I remember to download from your forum a dslr ascom driver version explicitly versioned in its name "for sharcap test". I will post my issue on Github too to let him know about it..
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

this is the 'special SharpCap' version announcment post - viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1006#p5078

I haven't had much time for this since August, so I'm not sure if the main version has fixes now that are not in this download.

cheers,

Robin
gilbertonp

Post by gilbertonp »

Hello Robin, just to let you know I tried it and the issue was the same and I even compiled the last version I got from git, same result. It crashed with the same exception error. No image displayed on screen as the camera was not connected. To confirm it's not my camera or usb port related It works with APT.

Philippe
Biscotte

Post by Biscotte »

Oh Great and Mighty Warrior Robin
(not a good bargaining position!)

Any movement on Canon cameras?

An associated thought that occurred, is in the form of a question.

I use the excellent Backyard EOS. There is built in third party integration with dedicated connection to plate solving AstroTortilla via port 1499.
Fully understand that plate solving is done in SCap. However, BYEOS has all Canon cameras 'mastered', and is my weapon of choice.
Have you thought of having a word with Guylain Rochon over there (Canadian)?
https://www.otelescope.com
Between you two, you may have a ready solution to camera control for polar alignment - the part of SCap I have interest in.
(Just asking).

Biscotte
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I'm sorry to say that the support for DSLR cameras is still very much on hold and will be for the foreseeable future. If someone does produce a workable Ascom driver or direct show driver that works with DSLR's then I will happily make any tweaks necessary to SharpCap to work nicely with it but that would be pretty much all I have time for.

I do wonder however if there is a way to control programs like APT or backyard Eos from other applications. It might be possible to take that approach so that another piece of software controls the actual camera but SharpCap gets to process the images. An interesting idea…

Cheers, Robin
cuivenion

Post by cuivenion »

There's always the folder monitor camera route if you've already BYEOS or APT.
anonymouse

Post by anonymouse »

Danoglide64 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:58 pm Any chance of Sony's A6000?

Pleeeeeeeease,
Dano
There is an outside chance Sony will work with the canon driver, see here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1006.
The Aphas are supposed to support Picture Transfer Protocol (PTE).
DabDarklighter

Post by DabDarklighter »

I saw that you mentioned Directshow and wondered if the EOS webcam driver that Canon recently released would be a feasible way to connect Canon DSLRs?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I suspect it might work if you wanted to access the equivalent of the live view mode from the camera. It would be interesting to find out how much control over exposure/resolution/gain etc you have available?

Cheers, Robin