Player One Neptune-CII and Greyscale PNG and TIFF images

MarMax

Player One Neptune-CII and Greyscale PNG and TIFF images

Post by MarMax »

The single frame PNG and TIF images that I capture for daytime testing are now only greyscale (no color). The only change was to upgrade to V 4.0.8138.0 since this started. Camera is the Player One Neptune-CII. I'm viewing with Debayer ON, same as always, and the single image files used to be in color.

I've looked through all the settings and can't seem to figure this out.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Player One Neptune-CII and Greyscale PNG and TIFF images

Post by admin »

Hi,

you have saved RAW images - if you look closely you will see the typical chessboard pattern at the pixel level. You need to debayer the images in your viewing software to see the colour. See this thread for a more detailed guide : viewtopic.php?t=254

cheers,

Robin
MarMax

Post by MarMax »

I do understand the debayer process and PIPP does convert the PNG file to color just fine. It's just a bunch of extra steps for quick daytime testing purposes.

Is there a capture format I can select that will provide a color PNG image?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Your camera should have a RGB24 or RGB32 mode - change the camera to that mode and SharpCap will save full colour images to JPG, PNG, TIF, or even the video formats. Note that these images depend on whatever debayer algorithm the camera developers decided to use, and will most likely be bigger than the equivalent raw images.

cheers,

Robin