Camer disconnect

Mikewright

Camer disconnect

Post by Mikewright »

Hello,
I am starting to get to grips with Sharpcap and my SVBONY 305 Pro.

I keep running into an issue that is stumping me at the mo! I keep getting 'your camera has disconnected' messages, and yes the camera is disconnecting after a short time.

I do not know if this has any bearing on the situation but this was happening as I tried to test a new LED light pannel taking flat frames. It was a bit bright but on dropping the exposure time and getting the histogram in the right spot I got a fine flat frame,but only manageing one shot before it disconnected.

Prior to this I was testing the new camera mentioned above and it did happen once.
Can abody shed any light on this as to why , and any ideas as how to stop it happening?
Kind regards
Mike
admin
Site Admin

Re: Camer disconnect

Post by admin »

Hi Mike,

the usual cause of this sort of problem is USB connectivity issues. They are more common if you are using hubs or USB extension cables - see our USB issue troubleshooting guide for a list of some things to try : viewtopic.php?f=18&t=349&p=1556#p1556

cheers,

Robin
Mikewright

Re: Camer disconnect

Post by Mikewright »

Thanks for the reply Robin I will check out the thread.
The USB cable is a single one supplied with the camera. I will reprt back after reading through the mentioned thread.

Thanks
Mike