Moravian Instruments C1x/C3-61000 and 26000

admin
Site Admin

Re: Moravian Instruments C1x/C3-61000 and 26000

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think that the problem is in my code - probably.

It looks like GetBooleanParameter(gvpGain) returns true, but there is no real gain control on the camera (at least the SDK does not have a way to set the gain that I can see). However, the fact that GetBooleanParameter(gvpGain) returns true was making SharpCap start to put together a slider for the gain, which failed. I will update this in the next version to hardwire the code to 'no gain control' for the Cx cameras.

thanks,

Robin
MMys

Post by MMys »

Hi,
no, camera has adjustable gain, and we want to have this feature also in SharpCap.
I will call to Pavel and let you know.

Martin
---------------
edit:
Our mistake, function is missing only in header file for the dll. Moravian Instruments uses usually GetProcAddress() to get the functions, which works fine because function is present in SDK dll, but no updated headaer by mistake. This is rest of previous Gx cameras, whose has no adjustable gain.

Pavel will repair the header file and I will try again.
MMys

Post by MMys »

SDK is updated, download it here please:

https://www.gxccd.com/download?id=587&lang=405

It should have implemented the set gain function.

Thanks
Martin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Martin,

OK, thanks for that - I have included the new SDK and wired the gain code in SharpCap to use those functions - hopefully we will have more luck with next Monday's update :)

cheers,

Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Martin,

new version uploaded today that should correctly find the gain control (and at least get *further* towards running the camera than the last version...)

cheers,

Robin
MMys

Post by MMys »

Tested, clicked on Camera name in menu and...

It WORKS !!! :)

thanks for support. Now I will be testing the camera, and let you know in case of any problem. But looks OK. Gain works, ROI too. I will test cooling yet.

BTW, what about the binning modes ? That would be good for the EAA. Camera does not support HW binning, but what about the SW bin ? Is there better to do it in driver, or can you do it in SharpCap directly ?

This is the same as with smaller cameras working over previous SDK, no binning too.

I will also ask Pavel for that.

Martin
MMys

Post by MMys »

Pavel told me, so software binning is supported by the driver. Including asymetrical bining. You can set binning in driver using function

SetBinning( CCamera *PCamera, CARDINAL x, CARDINAL y );

X and Y can be between 1 and defined
gipMaxBinningX
gipMaxBinningY
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

great news that it works - I must admit that I wasn't really expecting that this time around - I was expecting to have to fix at least one or two more issues.

On the subject of binning, it looks like I just never got around to implementing the code in SharpCap to allow the binning to be altered. I will try to add that in shortly.

cheers,

Robin
MMys

Post by MMys »

Hi,
tested just now with latest version, all seems to be working fine, only binning modes are still missed.

For such large (fullframe) sensor, 6x6 binning as maximum will be welcomed. In this binning, image will fit to screen 1:1, ideal for EAA of large objects.

Simply use the binnig in driver.

Martin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Martin,

Good news that most stuff is now working :) Let me test the cameras I have here to see if one of them supports binning - if one does then adding support should be pretty easy - if not then a bit of trial and error!

cheers,

Robin