Sensor analysis hanging up on DS26 camera

DanK

Sensor analysis hanging up on DS26 camera

Post by DanK »

Hello:

After my heady success sensor analyzing the Mallincamsky DS10c I tried to do the same with the Mallincamsky DS26c. Sensor analysis keeps getting hung up before it can do the first batch of analysis on this camera.

I would like to know how the program can get past this point.

Dan Kahraman
DanK

Re: Sensor analysis hanging up on DS26 camera

Post by DanK »

Sharpcap cannot do a sensor analysis on the Mallincamsky DS 26c. I suspect it is because it is a 16 bit sensor. I believe it can handle the 8 bit depth but I will have to do the sensor analysis when I can control the illumination levels. Right now daylight, even with dark covers on the front end of the telescope with its lid on cannot keep stray light from leaking in. Seriously!

Dan Kahraman
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

please try using the SharpCap 4.0 beta (https://www.sharpcap.co.uk/sharpcap/sha ... s/4-0-beta) and if it still gets stuck then please post the contents of the log captured after the procedure becomes stuck.

thanks,

Robin
DanK

Post by DanK »

I will try that although Beta 4.0 couldn't do a sensor analysis on the Mallincamsky DS10c.

Sharpcap 3.2 64 bit could do a sensor analysis on the DS10c but there is a glitch in the program:

1) After the dark readings you are prompted to uncover the sensor (telescope front end)
2) I replaced the light source with the same adjustable intensity LED panel
3) Program (sensor analysis) doesn't do anything
4) Program "wakes up" when I type in 500 milliseconds in the exposure slot
5) I noticed at the end of the Dark Analysis section the exposure was at 11 milliseconds
6) items #4 and #5 deceive sensor analysis to think that the sensor is still covered: Note that this is an adjustable LED and the initial set-up was such that the illumination levels gave a histogram in the 60% region with exposures between 0.5 and 2.5 seconds. I had Gain at 100.

Hope this helps future users of sensor analysis. I am more than happy to report that it works on the Mallincamsky DS10c.

Dan Kahraman
DanK

Post by DanK »

Robin:

I am assuming that the log file is generated in the Sharpcap capture directory or some such location since I am not able to e-mail it as it occurs due to no wifi signal at my observatories.

Dan Kahraman