Is using an Imaging Solutions Group camera possible?

hopskipson

Is using an Imaging Solutions Group camera possible?

Post by hopskipson »

I was able to pick up an Imaging Solutions Group LightWise Allegro camera. It's used for Machine vision and in the medical field on microscopes. I'd like to do some solar imaging but of course, SharpcCap doesn't recognize the camera. The chip is a Sony IMX253. Is it possible to make this camera work with SharpCap? I asked Torsten Edelmann if I could use FireCapture but he said no. He suggested that if I could find the DirectShow driver it might work with SharpCap. Does anyone know where I might find the DirectShow drivers for this camera? I downloaded their Medley software development but the interface is difficult to navigate and I haven't been able to figure out how to save capture videos. I tried the manufacture's site and they mention DirectShow in "supported environments". My knowledge of computing is very limited so if you know how I can make this work I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

James
admin
Site Admin

Re: Is using an Imaging Solutions Group camera possible?

Post by admin »

Hi James,

not a brand I've come across before, but if my web searching is correct then this page is the 'Medly' software you mentioned : https://www.jadaktech.com/products/mach ... pment-kit/

It certainly does mention Directshow - it may be an option you have to pick during the installation. If you do manage to get it to install then something (not necessarily the cameras product name - a similar option from Basler shows up as 'Basler Genicam driver' regardless of the camera model) will show up in the 'DirectShow Cameras' part of the SharpCap 'Cameras' menu.

cheers,

Robin
hopskipson

Post by hopskipson »

admin wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:29 pm Hi James,

not a brand I've come across before, but if my web searching is correct then this page is the 'Medly' software you mentioned : https://www.jadaktech.com/products/mach ... pment-kit/

It certainly does mention Directshow - it may be an option you have to pick during the installation. If you do manage to get it to install then something (not necessarily the cameras product name - a similar option from Basler shows up as 'Basler Genicam driver' regardless of the camera model) will show up in the 'DirectShow Cameras' part of the SharpCap 'Cameras' menu.

cheers,

Robin
I tried what you said about "picking directshow during installation" but when I go to Sharpcap Cameras/option "DirectShow Cameras" it's not highlighed to choose. I went into Device Manager" and it shows 2 drivers but no DirectShow. Like I said my computing skills are not optimal. I tried looking for the drivers on the jadaktech but could not find anything. I tried searching "drivers" in the files in the Medly software but it came up empty. When I search DirectShow it comes up with a laundry list of items. How can I recognize a driver? Thanks

James
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I had a play with the SDK install, and it looks like the DirectShow option is installed by default - it's one of the things listed when you get to choose what to install
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (43.68 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
At this point nothing showed up in SharpCap's camera list.

Then I ran 'Ucam Viewer' and clicked on 'Advanced' then 'Advanced Interfaces' - then you get a checkbox to 'Enable DirectShow support'. I did that and it ran some programs in the background
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (48.86 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
Once I'd done this, a new entry appeared in SharpCap (close SharpCap and re-open it if it was already running)
Capture3.JPG
Capture3.JPG (26.8 KiB) Viewed 1412 times
Obviously, this doesn't work for me because I don't have the camera (I was pretty lucky to be able to get this far without having a camera I think), but may be at work for you.

Cheers, Robin
hopskipson

Post by hopskipson »

Thanks for trying Robin but it didn't work for me. Yes, after I activated the driver option the camera showed up in the Camera menu, but after clicking on it I got the following error message.
Screenshot (30).png
Screenshot (30).png (49.82 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
After trying to disconnect and reconnect the camera the program crashes.
Screenshot (31).png
Screenshot (31).png (284.75 KiB) Viewed 1407 times
I guess I'm at an impasse. Thanks for the help anyway.

James
hopskipson

Post by hopskipson »

I was wondering if the Pro license would make this camera work. Is there a free trial of the pro license I could try this out? Or an earlier version?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

no, the pro license will not make any difference - it looks like the DirectShow driver for this camera is a bit of a bodge job with some of the functionality that is needed by SharpCap not implemented by the developers :(

I'm afraid that you are probably not going to be able to get this camera to work in SharpCap. You might just get the DirectShow driver support working in other webcam applications that can get by without the missing bits.

Robin