Sensor Analysis Function With Revolution R2 Imager

JerryKapc

Sensor Analysis Function With Revolution R2 Imager

Post by JerryKapc »

Will sensor analysis functionality work with revolution R2 imager? Is this considered a web cam camera and therefore will not work.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Sensor Analysis Function With Revolution R2 Imager

Post by admin »

Hi,

if I remember rightly, these cameras connect via a web camera driver, but the exposure control is done through hardware rather than through software, so SharpCap has no control over the exposure and no idea what the exposure length is. If that's true then SharpCap can't perform the sensor analysis as the sensor analysis requires fine control over the exposure. Even the coarse-grained control that normal WebCams give you where you can adjust the exposure by doubling it or halving it isn't good enough for the sensor analysis routine to be able to work properly.

Cheers, Robin
JerryKapc

Post by JerryKapc »

Thank you!...not sure why when I now activate the Revolution Imager R2 the manual hand control does not activate on SharpCap. Not able to adjust exposure, gain, any other other imager control normally done on 7" monitor that was included with imager. The fist time I activated the imager on SharpCap I was able to use manual HC but not anymore. Not sure if I changed any settings in either the imager or SharpCap to make this change. I tested manual HC on 7" monitor setup and it was able to work so I know the manual HC is not broken.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I know there are some other users on here who either use the R2 imager or have used it in the past – hopefully one of them will be able to provide some suggestions.

Cheers, Robin
JerryKapc

Post by JerryKapc »

Ty! Since new to forum should I re-post as separate topic? Or, is my post fine where I put it?... re: getting attention from other R2 users
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I will move this thread to the appropriate forum – since the R2 is not an Altair camera. You may want to ask for help in the general forum as well?

cheers,

Robin