Atik ACIS 7.1 Mono Camera - Bug and Crash

admin
Site Admin

Re: Atik ACIS 7.1 Mono Camera - Bug and Crash

Post by admin »

Hi Eric,

Rereading the email discussion that I had with the Atik development team, I think the answer here is for me to remove the binning option when fast mode is enabled – basically it looks like the camera ignores the binning option anyway in fast mode, as there is no advantage to having it available and there are certainly a disadvantage!

Cheers, Robin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, on second thoughts that doesn't seem right... I have lots of code in the fast mode handling that deals with binning that I wrote when I had a Horizon2 on loan and I'm pretty convinced that it worked then.

I must admit to being a bit stumped here - the error I am seeing in your crash dumps looks like a problem in the Atik SDK, but that is not what Atik see when they test. I have put a lot of extra error handling and logging around the problem that Atik suggested was happening and it looks like it had no effect :(

Apologies, but I'm not sure how to fix this one without having a 7.1 camera to test with, sorry.

Robin
leclercemj

Post by leclercemj »

Hi Robin,

Thank you again for your help with this camera.
When using Dusk (the ATIK software) I have observed that when I change one parameter, I need to stop the camera live view and then restart to have the parameter apply. Is it possible in Sharpcap to stop the live view just before parameters adjustment (like ATIK do in Dusk) ?

And today in Sharpcap, I have observed that I can adjust the gain in high speed mode but to do that, I need to set the gain in low speed and then go in high speed. After, if I want to change the gain, I need to go to low speed and then do the adjustment and then start the high speed.
It's look like that no adjustment is possible in High speed mode. but adjustment done in low speed are still maintained when the speed is changed. But with this way of working, I still observed the crash sometimes when I switch to low speed mode. But the overall stability is better with this way of working.

I have also do more test with my computer language settings configured in English, but the problem is still observed. I have also tested a third USB cable with different length to be sure that is not the cable...

Best regards,

Eric
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

well I'm glad to hear that you have a workable way of getting the settings adjusted in the camera even if it does involve switching between modes. If I do manage to get my hands on one of these cameras in the future then I will be able to fix the bugs I'm sure.

Clear skies, Robin