Arducam

chummee

Arducam

Post by chummee »

Hi. I wonder if Sharcap supports Arducam. I am trying to build a cheap monochrome camera for solar imaging using Arducam 10MP MT9J001 Monochrome. If so, can I adjust the exposure length in Sharpcap or do I need to make changes to the config file (I'm a beginner and am not an engineer)? If Sharpcap does not support this camera, please recommend a good webcam for solar imaging.

Also, I read that a Sony camera driver has been developed. What's the status of the implementation?

Thanks a lot.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Arducam

Post by admin »

Hi,

Lots of the small camera boards that plug in via USB implement a thing called 'USB video class' in hardware which means that they appear as a WebCam to Windows without needing any drivers. I have a little board with an Aptina sensor on it that works this way. If that happens to be the case with this device then it will appear in SharpCap automatically that you may have limited control over the settings – for instance the one I have doesn't allow exposures longer than 0.5 seconds. Typically there is no way to improve the control of these cameras (or at least no way unless you are the designer of the camera board itself).

The Ascom driver for Sony cameras was created by one of the forum users here – I think you can track down the status over at the cloudy nights forum https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/6786 ... r-testing/

Cheers, Robin