SV305 and Sharpcap

mjd6191

SV305 and Sharpcap

Post by mjd6191 »

Hello Sharpcap Forum,
I am a new user here!
I recently purchased the SV305 and I have not been able to correctly use it. When I attach to my 8" Skyview Pro telescope, the images are completely blown out (over exposed) in the preview. I would normally lower the gain, but Sharpcap won't allow me to do this when using the SV305, it is permanently at 30. I also have a modified webcam (Logitech 270), and that actually seems to work better than the SV305, why can't I seem to get the images so I can use them, is the 305 completely compatible with Sharpcap?
I know I can focus, so it just seems blown out!
Also, is there a way to reset all of the camera controls in Sharpcap to the original defaults?
I have tried adjusting the contrast, white balance, gamma, etc, but it seems that the camera is the issue. Do you have any suggestions?
I have used my DSLR with prime focus with acceptale results
Am I better off returning the SV305 for a better camers
Primarily used for planetary and lunar imaging,

Here is my setup:
8" Orion Reflector f4.9
SkyView Skyview Pro Equatorial mount with GoTo
SV305 Camera
Lenovo Laptop i3 with 8 gig RAM (I know the processor is a bit slow, planning on upgrading)
admin
Site Admin

Re: SV305 and Sharpcap

Post by admin »

Hi,

It looks like the gain control does not respond while auto exposure is turned on – if you have auto exposure on then please try turning it off and see if the gain control works as expected.

Cheers, Robin
mjd6191

Re: SV305 and Sharpcap

Post by mjd6191 »

Thanks Robin, I will try that and hopefully I can start capturing some images!