Touptek IMX294C ATR3CMOS10300KPA

Eric.H45

Touptek IMX294C ATR3CMOS10300KPA

Post by Eric.H45 »

Good evening.
I have a one year old Touptek ATR3CMOS10300KPA (same as Risingcam)
This is a IMX294 cooled camera.
With Sharpcap 3.2.6219 Pro is works well using the the ASCOM driver.
But the "native" driver (ToupCamAstro) miss some options:
- No cooler control
- No choice between 8 Bits or 14 Bits
- No choice between RAW and RGB
- No choice between HCG an LCG Conversion Gain.
The Sensor Analysis tool report that it can't run analysis (Directshow Driver ?)

As I am a developper (C++, C#) and have already develop some test code using ToupTek SDK, I can may be help you to integrate Touptek Camera support in SharpCap which is my favorite capture application.

Best Regards
Eric
admin
Site Admin

Re: Touptek IMX294C ATR3CMOS10300KPA

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, I think you spotted pretty much all the limitations of the direct show option which makes either the Ascom driver or even better direct support for these cameras the preferred way to work with them.

Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to be able to add support for ToupTek cameras (or their white box OEM brands) to SharpCap in the foreseeable future. I do appreciate the offer of help, but this isn't a technical or even a time constraint.

Cheers, Robin
soulearth

Post by soulearth »

Hello,
I want buy a touptek cam 385 and use sharpcap.
I understood that there were limitations with the native driver ...
On the other hand, with the oscam driver, are there any problems or limitations?

Thank you for response.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

there is no native support for ToupTek cameras in SharpCap and right now I have no plans to add that.

If you are using one of those cameras were SharpCap then you have the choice between the Ascom driver and the direct show driver.

Ascom gives you access to long exposures, high bit depths and raw mode, but the maximum frame rate will be slow.

Direct show gives you access to high frame rates, but you can only change the exposure in steps of factors of two and you don't have access to bit depth greater than eight bits per pixel or raw mode.

Hope this helps, Robin