Not recognising Altair Astro Hypercam 294C pro Tec

Bob

Not recognising Altair Astro Hypercam 294C pro Tec

Post by Bob »

Could I ask for a bit of advice please?
I have just purchased an Altair Astro Hypercam 294C Pro Tec.
I have downloaded and installed the Altair Capture program which the website informs me installs the required drivers.
I find Sharpcap does not recognise the camera at all, although if you download and install the ascom drivers that appears to work.
Interestingly the camera is immediately recognised in Altair Capture and identified correctly, also NINA again identifies it correctly immediately
I am trying to run it in Sharpcap to run the the sensor calibration otherwise I normally would use NINA for imaging sessions.
Any help would be much appreciated as this is my first foray into Altair Cameras.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Not recognising Altair Astro Hypercam 294C pro Tec

Post by admin »

Hi Bob,

Firstly can I just check that you're using the very latest version of SharpCap? Old versions may not be able to work with newer cameras like the 294, but there should be no reason that the latest version won't spot that camera.

The other thing that might help work out what is going wrong is if you could post the contents of the SharpCap log here as it may contain some error information that might explain why the camera is not being picked up. You can find more about how to get the SharpCap log information here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6

Cheers, Robin