Atik Camera Support..ver 3.2.6173.0

CraigG

Re: Atik Camera Support..ver 3.2.6173.0

Post by CraigG »

Hi Robin-

Having owned one not too long ago, I know that the Atik Infinity does not have a cooling function and it may be the only camera in the current Atik lineup that doesn't.

Thanks..
Craig
Chris A

Post by Chris A »

Robin, I have tried both my Infinity cameras mono & colour and I get the same error message in which I also noticed that it was asking for cooling. ** Both of these infinity cameras do not have cooling. They do require a separate 12 V power supply which helps with noise but no cooling available.

Chris A
Chris A

Post by Chris A »

Craig the Atik Infinity camera is their only camera offered with no cooling. All of their other cameras are cooled via TEC.

Chris
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Thanks for that info – although there doesn't seem to be away to ask directly if the camera has a cooler, I can try out the request that causes the error and assume that if it fails there is no cooler.

Watch out for the next update as it will have this fix in it.

Cheers, Robin
Chris A

Post by Chris A »

Okay thanks Robin, I will try it out on the next update!

Happy New Years,

Chris A
Chris A

Post by Chris A »

Robin, I just installed the latest version of SharpCap and tried to connect my mono Atik Infinity CCD camera. Glad to say that the camera now connects with no issues. I have one question regarding the gain selection that is available. This camera and all other Atik cameras are CCD's and have their gain set at the factory. When I connected the camera the gain was at 1.0 and I did not want touch the slider to increase it. I do remember at one time Don on NSN was using a 3rd party software (cannot remember which one) that offer the gain adjustment feature for his Atik 414 CCD cooled camera and by adjusting the gain he damaged his camera. I will not touch the gain slider until I hear from you regarding this. Thank you!

Chris A
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear that it works! The gain control is quite safe to use – it's simply a digital gain that is applied in SharpCap after the frame has arrived by multiplying all the pixel values by the gain amount. I found that it's was useful when working with the StarlightXpress CCD cameras for polar alignment, so I brought a similar concept across when I was writing the code for the Atik cameras.

Atik CMOS cameras will have a proper gain control, but I haven't got my hands on one of those yet to implement that functionality and test with :-)

Cheers, Robin
Chris A

Post by Chris A »

Hi Robin

Thank you for the feedback and glad to hear that his is digital gain control and safe to use. It will come in handy also for focusing.

Cheers,

Chris