SV105 gain

Rfi

SV105 gain

Post by Rfi »

Hello,

I've been using SharpCap some time now with an SV105 (SV Bony) with considerable success. However, I cannot find a way of altering the gain if one unchecks the "Exposure Auto" box. Where is the manual gain slider? Frequently, the "auto" is completely inappropriate.

I have seen elsewhere on this forum the printout of an SV105 Camera Settings txt file as below:
[SVBONY SV105]
Resolution=1920x1080
FPS=30,00
Colour Space=MJPG
Output Format=AVI files (*.avi)
Frame Rate Limit=Maximum
Exposure=31,3ms(Auto)
Timestamp Frames=Off
Brightness=-5
Contrast=20
Hue=0
Saturation=10
Sharpness=10
Gamma=152
White Balance=6500(Auto)
Gain=8
Apply Flat=None
Subtract Dark=None
Display Brightness=1
Display Contrast=1
Display Gamma=1
TimeStamp=2019-06-08T19:04:52.7627957Z

which includes the line "Gain=8". I have never seen a line relating to gain on any of my SV105 Camera Settings txt files.

Can anyone please explain what is going on, and how to fix it?
admin
Site Admin

Re: SV105 gain

Post by admin »

Hi,

when you are using a camera like the SV105 that works as a webcam then all the available controls are determined by either the camera driver (if you installed one) or the camera firmware (if it needed no driver - in this case the camera must support the USB Video device class specs which means the camera tells windows what controls it has ). SharpCap asks Windows what controls this webcam has and then shows those controls.

To me that means that the gain showing in someone else's capture settings file may indicate that they have a different version of the camera driver that perhaps makes the gain control available. Potentially it could be a different firmware version, but I think less likely.

Probably worth asking the user who had the gain control in their settings if they really have a gain control to adjust and what driver versions they are using.

Robin