g2-1600 Moravian Instruments CCD

rfa

g2-1600 Moravian Instruments CCD

Post by rfa »

Hello,
I am using SharpCap mainly for Polar Alignment and Fokusing with Bathinov mask once in a while. After a longer pause and change of one G2-1600 against another G2-1600 I cannot connect to the camera anymore. SharpCap does not see the camera driver at all. Tried ReScan, Search etc. - no success. The Moravian Camera is still seen in the Camera Tab but no connection possible.
The camera is definately working. SIPS, the ccd software is closed, camera has been switched of an on before start of SharpCap - no help.
Since I was already working several times, I am wondering and I am confures, don´t know anymore what to do.
I have a PRO license which is still valid.
Need your help guys...
Thanks in advance, RFA
admin
Site Admin

Re: g2-1600 Moravian Instruments CCD

Post by admin »

Hi,

the best thing to do is to post a copy of the SharpCap log after you have attempted to use the camera. You should turn on the additional logging option near the bottom of the first page of the settings before opening the camera as that will put more diagnostic information in the log and hopefully we will be able to track down what is going wrong. The very latest version of SharpCap contains an updated version of the Moravian instruments SDK – it may be worth updating to that version (or if you've already updated to it it could be that that is causing a problem, so it may be worth trying going back to the previous version).

Cheers, Robin