Trouble with Atik Infinity

spirochaete

Trouble with Atik Infinity

Post by spirochaete »

Hello ;)

I have been using SC for a few years and the purchase of a monochrome Atik Infinity in April made me take the pro version (3.2), but I also have the non-professional version in 2.9 on the same computer.

Last month, I wanted to use the Infinity with SC 3.2 for its "polar align" function but the program crashed.
Yesterday, I wanted to try again but the camera was not detected!
I tried today, same observation.

This would be a problem with ASCOM drivers; I downloaded the latest installation version of Atik (after uninstalling the previous version) but ASCOM drivers can't be installed?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (36.6 KiB) Viewed 2653 times
Would you have the opportunity to give me some leads?
Thank you
admin
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with Atik Infinity

Post by admin »

Hi,

Yes, you would certainly need the Ascom driver is installed SharpCap to talk to your camera. Have you installed the core Ascom platform software? I wonder if that being missing is why the camera installer will not offer to install the Ascom drivers?

Cheers, Robin
spirochaete

Post by spirochaete »

Good evening,

I have two cameras installed on this PC: a Datyson T7C (clone of ASI 120MC) and the Infinity.

The T7C is well recognized.

For the atik, I wanted to install the latest version of their software (Atik core) but this version 5.0.1.6. does not allow to install ASCOM drivers or even to operate the camera!

And for the moment, I haven't found how to reinstall the ASCOM drivers for infinity, even after uninstalling / reinstalling several times either the old version of Atik Core (4.2.2.2.9) or the most recent one.
To use the camera, I had to leave the old version.

So I'm still stuck with that camera under Sharcap.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I think you're more likely to get a meaningful response about how to fix this if you pose the same question to Atik support. At least I hope they know how to get their own Ascom drivers to install alongside their other software :-)

Cheers, Robin
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

spirochaete

I own an Atik 314E (probably around 10 years old). When I tried to install it using the latest software from the Atik website, the camera was unable to be recognised - issues with USB drivers (LibUSB). By obtaining older software, SetupAtikCamerasUniversal-4.2.2.9.exe, I was able to complete a successful installation of the ASCOM drivers. I had carried out an installation of the (latest available at the time) ASCOM platform prior to attempting the camera installation. The camera works well under SharpCap using ASCOM drivers.

A quick Google of atik drivers cloudy nights will be enlightening reading for you.

Dave
spirochaete

Post by spirochaete »

admin wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:04 pm Hi,
I think you're more likely to get a meaningful response about how to fix this if you pose the same question to Atik support. At least I hope they know how to get their own Ascom drivers to install alongside their other software :-)
Cheers, Robin
Good afternoon (from France)
I sent the question on Atik 's forum and Atik suuport and now I'm waiting for an answer.
Be sure i'll post informations about this as soon as I will get them.
Friendy
spirochaete

Post by spirochaete »

turfpit wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:57 pm Dave
Hi,

Indeed I had to go back to this old version, but after several installation and uninstallation tests, I can't install these ASCOM drivers.

I'm still looking for ^^^