ToupTek Connectivity problem

richorn

ToupTek Connectivity problem

Post by richorn »

Got a new ToupTek guide camera a couple weeks ago. Loaded SharpCap, liked what I saw, and purchased the pro license.

I was able to use SharpCap to focus the guide scope/camera and do a polar align. I also used the camera to set up a couple other software programs. It got late and I called it a night. Had a couple busy days and then finally a clear night and time to play. The guide cam would not mount. It wouldn't mount in any of the software nor on multiple computers. The shop replaced it with a newer ToupTek (USB 3.0). It works great on the StellarMate, and PHD2 running with AstroPhotography Tool. It also work well using the ToupView software..

SharpCap will not load the camera.

I have deleted and re-installed everything, including the ASCOM drivers, the Windows drivers, SharpCap, etc. I also loaded SharpCap on a different PC Laptop and got the same error/failure. The computer I am using is a MacBook Pro running BootCamp and Win 10.

I have attached the diagnostic files as suggested elsewhere in the forum. The owner of the Telecope store told me Robin would be right on it LOL! ;-)

No Hardware attached - Annotation 2019-07-27 144740.png
No Hardware attached - Annotation 2019-07-27 144740.png (820.25 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
Camera connected - Annotation 2019-07-27 145125.png
Camera connected - Annotation 2019-07-27 145125.png (702.13 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
SharpCap Error - Annotation 2019-07-27 151918.png
SharpCap Error - Annotation 2019-07-27 151918.png (233.77 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
admin
Site Admin

Re: ToupTek Connectivity problem

Post by admin »

Hi,

The error code that you are seeing is coming straight from the cameras direct show drivers, but what we don't know is what SharpCap was asking the camera to do at the time it got an error. Could you share the SharpCap log after making the error occur and maybe that will reveal a bit more.

Cheers, Robin
richorn

Post by richorn »

Hi Robin,

I am attaching the SC log. I changed it to "troubleshoot mode".

I did create a system Report the other day as suggested in other threads, but it wouldn't attach at the time. Seems to be ok now so I am also attaching that.
SharpCap Log 1.txt
(19.86 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
System Report.nfo.zip
(78.03 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

I can see from your log that you tried to use the camera is a direct show camera first and that failed to create the camera object necessary to start, then you tried using the Ascom driver which also failed to connect to the camera.

In both cases the failure is occurring at absolutely the first thing that SharpCap tries to do when starting to talk to the camera, so there is little that I can do to recover in the SharpCap code or even try different approaches. I would suggest that it might be a good idea to uninstall both the Ascom driver and the direct show driver and then tried to reinstall just one of them (maybe the Ascom driver). I have seen cases before where two drivers like this for the same camera can try to load different versions of the same code into the SharpCap process and end up tripping over each other.

Cheers, Robin