Atik Horizon

admin
Site Admin

Re: Atik Horizon

Post by admin »

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the update – I am now in touch with Atik and we are trying to work out what is going on that is different in SharpCap compared to other capture applications.

Cheers, Robin
Noah4x4

Post by Noah4x4 »

Hi Robin,

Atik has released core software versions, 5.0.0.1, 5.0.0.2 (etc) and now we are up at 5.0.0.6 it appears (in daylight test) as if Sharpcap is now recognising and connecting to the Atik Horizon OSC with control over Gain; mono or colour; cooler etc. It has also fixed some similar problems in Sequence Generator Pro, hence I suspect that this was a ASCOM driver issue where Atik CCD and Atik CMOS needed seperate commands.

I have been unable to test the revisions under night sky conditions due to cloud, but thanks for your input to date as (fingers crossed), we might have a solution.

Phil
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi Phil,

I contacted Atik but never heard back from them – however perhaps the information I sent them was sufficient for them to track down what was going wrong in their ASCOM driver. Anyway, it's good to hear that things are working now in your testing – hopefully you will get some clear skies soon (we have hail here at the moment!)

Cheers, Robin