SharpCup does not see my Ascom CCD

rfa

SharpCup does not see my Ascom CCD

Post by rfa »

Hi colleagues,
I have totally 4 CCD cams by Moravian Instruments which are fully Ascom compatible (e.g. two of them I am running with Maxim DL through Ascom driver). Once when I started SharpCup frist time, it realized the driver, but did not load it. In further tries to connect, the Ascom driver was not seen at all. I am using the newest full version 3.2.
By the way, my colleague has also bought SharpCup and tried to use with Atik CCD through Ascom driver and have had the same problem.

Can anybody help?
Thanks, rfa
admin
Site Admin

Re: SharpCup does not see my Ascom CCD

Post by admin »

Hi,

my first suggestion would be to check if you have the latest version of the ASCOM platform installed (https://ascom-standards.org/Downloads/Index.htm). If an update to ASCOM doesn't help, please post a SharpCap log file - Run SharpCap, open the cameras menu which will presumably not show your cameras, then go to Help->Show Log and post all the log text.

cheers,

Robin
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Robin

Just done a quick test, my Atik 314E is working fine.

Sharpcap 3.2.5825.0
ASCOM Platform 6.4
ASCOM driver 7.0.4.18147

Dave
oopfan

Post by oopfan »

SharpCup :?:
turfpit

Post by turfpit »

Behave Brian …..
rfa

Post by rfa »

:D
admin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:43 am Hi,

my first suggestion would be to check if you have the latest version of the ASCOM platform installed (https://ascom-standards.org/Downloads/Index.htm). If an update to ASCOM doesn't help, please post a SharpCap log file - Run SharpCap, open the cameras menu which will presumably not show your cameras, then go to Help->Show Log and post all the log text.
cheers,
Robin
Hi Robin,
thank you very much for the hint.
After Ascom was upgraded my camera was shown directly under the camera tap. Still two failure messages appeared: 1) "An error occured while trying to connect to your GX USB filter wheel", 2) the same message with the focuser. I enclosed the logfile.
Remarks to the error messages and logfile:
- I have two focusers, main telescope and guiding scope, both are using COM-4 and COM-5, COM-7 is used by tube flap control
- The filter wheel is an internal one, it is shown in the camera software without any problem
Conclusion: main problem solved - thanks a lot, two minor problems still open...

rgds, RFA
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi rfa,

good to hear that the camera is now working. When you say you 'enclosed the logfile' for the filter wheel problems, where did you enclose it? I am not seeing it anywhere in this thread.

cheers,

Robin
rfa

Post by rfa »

Hi Robin,
I am sorry but I did not know how to enclose. Now I try it again.
RFA
Attachments
SharpLogfile.txt
SharpCapLogfile
(21.18 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi rfa,

I can see two failures to connect to ASCOM devices in that log

1) Pegasus focuser - the root cause is 'Der Anschluss COM7 ist nicht vorhanden' - which I'm guessing means that port COM7 was not found. You should be able to use the 'Properties' button in the hardware settings to adjust to the correct COM port and hopefully fix the issue. I use a pegasus focuser with SharpCap, so I know that hardware does work OK when configured correctly.

2) Filter wheel - the message here is less obvious, but what I am seeing is 'CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.MoravinstCCD.GxFilterWheel ConnectedSet System.Exception Camera not ready. ' - if this is a filter wheel built into a camera then I guess it might make sense that you get an error about camera not ready from trying to connect to the wheel, but I am not sure why it happens in SharpCap and not in other applications.

cheers,

Robin